Friday, April 22, 2016

BB-3 Week 25 Update

{Cell phone picture this week #thirdkidprobs}

Today is the funeral for my grandma. (I'll probably have to add a photo later and back post this particular entry.) It's been good to talk about, and celebrate my grandma who lived a long, and good life. Despite the circumstances, I've had fun seeing family I don't see very often. For the most part, the kiddos have been good sports with everything we've done over the last week. I can tell I'm a little dehydrated because I haven't been able to keep up with water intake the last few days. Also, I've had to eat out so much lately, I'm a little worried about my weight gain :-/ One positive is being with my folks a little bit longer. Granted, we don't get much time to just hang out, and our large family is a little crazy. However, just being around them is worth it :)

Today's date: April 22, 2016

How far along: 25 Weeks

Total weight gain: 16 pounds {Too much eating out lately! Hopefully I can watch this!}

Size and growth of baby: BB-3 is the size of a rutabaga, napa cabbage, or Tarte Tatin! They are over 1 1/2 pounds, and 13 1/2 inches long. Although they flip around everyday, BB-3 is learning the difference between being upside down and right side up! Hair is starting to show in the color it will be at birth. {Will they be a red head? Blonde? Brown?} BB-3 is continuing to gain weight so that they won't be so wrinkled at birth. {via & via}

Baby is a: baby!

Maternity clothing: All maternity, minus a few shirts

Sleep: It was a rough sleep week for me. Not only did we have lots of fun and exciting things going on, I also have been sharing a hotel room with the kiddos. They are not going to bed until after 10:30, waking around 7:30, and no naps. I can't wait to sleep a little better soon without a small person in bed with me!

Movement: I feel movement everyday, but it's not always big movements. Some kicks, and a little shifting around. They are most active around bedtime for now!

Cravings/Aversions: I mostly wanted a strawberry shake again this week, but did not get it, (which is probably best!). Aversions are raw meat, pork, rice, peanut butter, and mushrooms.

Morning Sickness: I felt good all week in terms of sickness. No real complaints :)

Symptoms: Baby kicks, sore boobs, round ligament pain, thirsty, pimples, gassy, emotional, peeing a fair amount, nesting is starting to kick in, tired feet, a little lower back pain, swollen gums, nasal sensitivity, and feeling really tired.

Labor Signs: None

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first two: Less morning sickness, no medicine, more weight gain, more anxiety, crazy mix of cravings and aversions from both previous pregnancies, more nasal issues, more dental issues, more exhaustion, less activity level in utero... for now ;)

The best moment of this past week: My brother's wedding, road tripping with my mom, and exploring a museum with the kids in Sioux City.

What I miss: Nothing at all

I'm looking forward to: Getting home and being with Phil again, and knowing our trip to France is about 30 days away!


Bump Comparison:
{Left: Jillian 2011 Middle: David 2013 Right: BB-3 2016}

BB-3 Bump Comparison:

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...