Friday, May 6, 2016

BB-3 Week 27 Update

3 months until D-Day for BB-3. How crazy is that?!

This week had a few extra challenges. We're coming off of a really rough week behavioral/parenting-wise, and I've been having more physical pains this week now that I'm so far along. I also did my 1 hour glucose test this morning, so hopefully I will find out if I passed on Monday. Just in case, I'm going to live it up with carbs over the weekend ;)

Today's date: May 6, 2016

How far along: 27 Weeks

Total weight gain: 19 pounds

Size and growth of baby: BB-3 is the size of a head of cauliflower, or a Charlotte Royale! They are around 2-1/2 pounds, and 14-1/2 inches long. Their taste buds are more numerous now than they will be at birth, so BB-3 can really taste what I'm eating via the amniotic fluid. BB-3's brain is showing activity as it becomes more complex. {via}

Baby is a: baby!

Maternity clothing: All maternity, except for bedtime. 

Sleep: I am tired, and going to sleep ok for now. I could use a nap, but that never happens without repercussions since the kids won't even sit still for "quiet time" these days. At night, even if I'm tired, I never fall asleep right away. I prefer laying on my right side, even though I know the left is better circulation-wise. I usually end up on my back at some point, but will always move before it hurts me or BB-3. Also, I never need to pee until 5 am at the earliest, but my lower abs hurt from the pressure of my bladder. I'd pee sooner if my body would let me!

Movement: BB-3 had a quieter week than last week, but I can still feel and see movements a few times every day. It's fun to watch them move, and I love how they snuggle up to Phil's hand when he talks to them before bed. 


Cravings/Aversions: I craved strawberries, sour dough bread, Cheesy Gordita Crunches, and Coke Icees.. Aversions are raw meat, pork, rice, peanut butter, and mushrooms.

Morning Sickness: Felt good all week! My aversions make me gag a little, and hearing people gag or throw up on TV makes me feel like I'm going to, but I'm not actually worried about throwing up. I can't believe I've gone 6 months completely Zofran-free! That would have been unheard of for Jillian's pregnancy!

Symptoms: Big baby bump, baby kicks, sore boobs, round ligament pain, pimples, gassy, emotional, nesting, tired feet, a little lower back pain, heartburn, pelvic pain, swollen gums, feet no longer in sight, nasal sensitivity, and feeling really tired.

Labor Signs: I had a few Braxton Hicks this week, but I can definitely tell that's what it is.

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first two: Less morning sickness, no medicine, more weight gain, more anxiety, more out-of-breath, crazy mix of cravings and aversions from both previous pregnancies, more nasal issues, more dental issues, more exhaustion, and more painful pelvic sensations.

The best moment of this past week: Having a weekend at home, and getting back to normal just in time to change to a summer schedule ;)

What I miss: Nothing at all

I'm looking forward to: Finding out my glucose test results, planning our trip for France/Spain, and knowing we are about to enter the last trimester!


Bump Comparison:
{Left: Jillian 2011 Middle: David 2013 Right: BB-3 2016}

BB-3 Bump Comparison:

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...