Saturday, June 4, 2011

Bébé Week 13 Update



Don't forget to vote on what gender you think bebe is!


Today's date: June 4, 2011

How far along: 13 weeks

Total weight gain: I've lost between 9 and 11 pounds so far. Not by choice mind you! However, I figure with myself being so overweight, the more I can give myself leeway before I start gaining, the better. Hopefully it'll even out. 

Size and growth of the baby: The size of a peach! I am officially in my second trimester! Ready to start feeling better :) Bebe is forming teeth and vocal chords, (I wonder if they will love singing like I do).

Sex: I have a feeling, but it's still too soon to know

Maternity clothes: I have a Be Band, 2 pairs of pants and a skirt. I ordered some tanks and a pair of bermuda shorts from OldNavy.com this week, but I won't get them until Friday or so.

Sleep: I wake up every night at 5 a.m. to pee. I'm trying to learn to sleep on my left side since I'm usually a stomach/back sleeper. However, I seem to get pains in my hip after awhile so I still need to work on it :-/

Best moment(s) of the week: We had a doctor's appointment on Thursday and we got to hear the heartbeat! It was a great feeling and I couldn't stop smiling :) Then the next day, Phil, my bro and I drove to KC for a game where we met up with my parents and several other family members! It was a short trip, but definitely worth seeing my folks. Plus, they bought bebe a t-shirt and socks :)

Movement: Nothing yet.

Food cravings/aversions: My aversions are starting to grow: pork, most meats, sausage (even the word makes me sick!), mac & cheese, peanuts, peanut butter, strawberries, all mexican food, spinach, anything creamy. My craving this week was mostly popsicles and Eggo waffles.

Morning sickness: I take a Zofran everyday as close to noon as I can. Sometimes even with the medicine, I still get queasy. However, I am keeping food down and I figure I'd feel worse if I didn't take the medicine.

Symptoms: Constant sickness, tired, my hips ache from time to time, gassy (sorry Phil!), sore/heavy boobs, and bossy/irritated.

Labor signs: none

Belly button in or out: in

What I miss: Nothing really :)

What I'm looking forward to: My next appointment on June 30th, and feeling movements in the next few months!

1 comment:

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...