Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Can You Relate?

{via}
{Now I really want to watch Up!}

I’m slowly, but surely getting my energy back. It’s nice to want to do something besides sit on the couch with a fan blowing on my face for once! However, now that I have energy, I have nothing to do/talk about. Anything that happens to me seems mundane or not an entire-blog-post worthy. So, this will be a disjointed post of things that have happened to me. That’s why it’s called “Can You Relate?”. Enjoy! :)

*****
Yesterday, in the middle of the “Pretty Little Liars” premiere, a hailstorm popped out of nowhere and hit our apartment complex. Now imagine me, reclined on the couch, in nothing but a tank top and short shorts, (because it was SO hot yesterday!).  Phil, being the curious man he is, opens the blinds to the French doors that lead to our balcony. This leaves me exposed to the world in all my hoochie-mama glory. Yeah, I admit it was cool to watch, but not while worrying the neighbors could see me.

*****
This morning I did not give myself enough time to do my hair properly. Even with nearly 9 hours of sleep every night, getting up to pee twice makes me groggy in the morning. In desperation, I decided to scrunch my wavy bed hair. After two applications, (which only covers 1/3 of my thick hair btw), I realize I am completely out of mousse. What’s a girl to do? Scrunch with her hairspray of course! It does not look like I thought it would, but it at least looks like I tried? Maybe?

*****
Because of baby, I have been extra gassy lately. Phil and I joke that, instead of Pinky and the Brain, (old school cartoon throw back!), we’re more Stinky and the Brain. I’ll give you one guess who is who. Anyways, I’m trying to be as considerate as I can about passing gas so much. Sometimes I don’t even realize I’ve done anything until Phil starts to leave with a horrid look on his face. Anyways, yesterday Phil was making gazpacho for dinner tomorrow since it has to chill. I had the fan on me to keep my cool. I just want to point out that you have to round a corner to get from our couch to the kitchen. Anyways, I let out a small one because it was making me uncomfortable. Within 5 seconds, Phil starts making this strange sound. Turns out I had accidently aimed for the fan, which propelled this fart quickly and made Phil gag. Sorry honey!

*****
Phil and I went to Barnes and Noble the other day just to browse and do something with our hot Saturday afternoon. I like to venture into the Children’s section so I can make lists of all the books I want my children to have because I loved them as a child. At one point, Phil went to a different part of the section for a few minutes. He suddenly walked towards me quickly with an interesting look on his face. It was a mixture of intrigue, disgust, and excitement. He pulls me to the side and shows me a new book called “Walter the Farting Dog – Banned from the Beach”. I just have to premise this with the fact that my family is really into potty humor. In fact, we made fart jokes nearly every Father’s Day for most of my childhood. This book was RIGHT up my alley! The best part? It’s part of a series. A SERIES! We bought the book and read it as soon as we got home. Oh my! That dog really does fart a lot! HAHA It was hilarious and we really hope that it because one of our child’s favorite books. We plan on eventually getting the rest of the series, but for now, this one is enough to satisfy our humor :)

Hope you enjoyed my tidbits. Happy Wednesday everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...