Tuesday, September 17, 2013

Bébé Deux Week 29 Update

For about 85% of the day yesterday, I had a MUCH better day than I have all month! *knocks on wood* I'm hoping this means the rest of September will be kinder.

Today's date: September 17, 2013

How far along: 29 Weeks

Total weight gain: 14 pounds

Size and growth of baby: David is the size of an acorn squash! He is between 2-3/4 and 3 pounds, and about 15 inches long. He is squirming around and growing rapidly! (I had the sore muscles to prove he just went through a growth spurt!) David is growing white fat deposits under his skin, which is making his energy surge. His movements are giving a sneak peek to his personality, (which seems to be pretty laid back in comparison to Jillian). Feeling a subtle twitch? It could be David hiccuping! {via}

Baby is a: boy! Our little David :)

Maternity clothing: All clothing, except a things I wear at home, are maternity.

Sleep: Sleeping well at night, even if I wake up to use the bathroom. If I sleep really hard, I won't usually wake up to pee. Had a really graphic dreams three nights in a row that made me wake up because I was afraid/upset. I guess that is starting now. Took a few naps this week, and that was nice! I don't expect it to last though.

Movement: Started my kick counts and he does really well! Easily gets 10 movements within an hour.

Cravings/Aversions: Main craving this week was tortilla soup, Nutella, and coffee. My aversions were mostly my way of trying to resolve some digestive issues over the weekend.

Morning Sickness: I got a little queasy this week, but it was due to the digestive issues I previously mentioned. Didn't take Zofran, and it is starting to resolve :)

Symptoms: Obvious baby bump, round ligament pain, back pain, stretch marks reappearing, abs feeling heavy and sore, nesting, gas, movement, graphic/scary dreams, peeing a fair amount, light contractions if I overdo it, and extremely tired.

Labor Signs: None

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first: More weight at this point, I feel more tired with this pregnancy, and craving more sweet than savory things than before.

The best moment of this past week: Jillian doing better at her class, having all my fall activities up and running so we can get into a groove, and a few little moments where we just enjoyed the life around us as a little family.

What I miss: Nothing at all :)

I'm looking forward to: My mama visiting next week, and Phil going to, (and returning from), Seattle safe and sound! {It'll be the farthest we've ever been apart since we've been married!}

Baby #1 & #2 Bump Comparison:
{Left: Jillian 2011 Right: Bébé Deux 2013}

David Bump Comparison:

2 comments:

  1. Aww hiccups so funny to feel! Aubrey had them all the time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The dreams started from the minute I was pregnant! They have actually finally started to subside. I used to wake up and be so angry at Erin and then tell him how we had the worst first in history in my dream.

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...