Thursday, July 21, 2011

Oh Baby!

{Look at those legs! What a squirmy worm :)}

My plan to make sure baby was awake and squirming may have worked a little too well ;) I had two 7.5 oz cans of coke, and I had a mini-dance party to 4 songs before we headed out the door. It took nearly an hour to get all the pictures necessary because baby would not sit still! The technician said it's wasn't the worst she's ever dealt with, but it did make it interesting.

Can I just brag on my technician? She was wonderful and talked us through everything! Any stupid jokes we I made, or any comments, she'd laugh or respond sweetly. I did express a little fear about the health of baby, and she was reassuring. Plus, the radiologist that watches the images come in as we take them didn't need any new photos or to talk to us after which was good. The tech told us if anything was wrong, we'd know today. Since I didn't hear a peep, I'm happy to report that baby is perfectly healthy with a heart rate of 152 bpm.

Without further ado, here is the video we took shortly after I found out the gender! Just to remind you, Phil found out at the appointment, and then he bought a gift for me to unwrap and reveal the gender to me. I do apologize for it being dark in the video. I think Phil was just really excited. My accent came out a little so please be nice! LOL Also, I want to point out that the camera cuts off as I'm saying "You can turn it off now please". I promise I'm not too bossy :)



You heard right, it's a girl! I was absolutely shocked because I was so convinced it was a boy. Phil said he was really rooting for a boy, but deep down he knew. I feel like a mommy fail, but since she's healthy, that's all I care about!!

As for her name...

Jillian Rose

My little Jillybean :)

I can't wait to meet you baby girl! I hope we show you just how much you are love by us as well as by God. I pray that we can bring you up to love and seek Him in all you do. We love you darlin'!
Love, Mama

3 comments:

  1. AHHHH! Okay, 2 things...my heart was RACING as I watched your video. I didn't even read any text at first! Haha. And 2nd...TEARS...IN MY EYES...I am so happy for you, friend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay!!!! I'm so excited for little Jillian to make her appearance in Dec!! Love you three!

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...