Friday, January 27, 2012

Dr Visit

{Waiting for the doctor}

It looks like Miss Jillian does in fact have reflux. Dr. V says he usually doesn't do much for it, but since she had her little breathing episode, he prescribed some liquid Zantac! He said there will be a little improvement right away, but it will take about 2 full weeks for it to significantly help. Jillian has spit up a lot today, but she doesn't seem to make her sour face as often. Of course, her next well appoint is soon, (Feb. 14th), so he'll make sure it's still working. Also, Jillian is 9 lbs exactly :)  I hope the Zantac continues to help her.

The photo was also taken after I calmed her down. You see, she unfortunately met her new friend, the rectal thermometer, and was not a happy camper. I sure hope she appreciates the underarm thermometer now! I don't think I could ever do that to her at home, no matter how accurate it is. She has a size 1 diaper on in the photo because she was started to leak a little bit with newborn size. However, the 1s are still a little big. We're in the lovely in between stage for now.

I didn't sleep very well last night just because I checked on her breathing even more than I did when she was first born. That episode yesterday really scared me and I think it's gonna take me awhile to not worry when she sleeps. She slept in her swing last night and did really well :) It's nice to know it's a back up if we need to.

Today she spit up on her tummy time mat, so I picked her up and held her a little bit. Once she seemed fine, we tried again. I was writing something down when I heard her sneeze. Without looking up, I said "Bless you baby!" and finished what I was doing. After that, I looked over to check on her and saw a small damp spot near her face. Assuming she spit up again, I picked her up. I looked at her face and saw spit up all around her mouth and nose. We gave up on tummy time after that. 

{It is still the sweetest thing when she falls asleep in my arms}

Tomorrow Jill will get to finally meet her godparents, Carrie and Jon! We haven't seen both of them for over a year and Carrie since August. Hopefully Jillian will be alert and not too spit up-y :)

Happy Friday!

2 comments:

  1. Rowan has the exact same problem. Tummy time is so hard because he spits up so much. It's frustrating at times but as long as the medicine helps with the pain,' I can deal with the mess. Keep up the good work momma!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Do you ever try tummy time more than once a day? I seem to only try once and I feel like I should try at least one more time so she can practice.

      Delete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...