Friday, January 6, 2012

Picture Update

Today I drove the car for the first time in about 4 weeks! I can't tell you how happy that makes me feel. I love to drive and this will help me feel less cooped up now that I know I can venture out if I so choose :)

Since today is Epiphany, it's time to take down all the Christmas decorations. It's sad to think it's all already over, but I'm happy for time to move on so Miss Jill can grow up some more! We got several ornaments for Jill's first Christmas, (plus the one we attempted to make for gifts for the grandparents), so I thought I'd do a picture post. Plus, Jill got to meet my co-worker and her baby today and she just looked so darn cute! Though, when we ran to Target before going home, she was called a "he" by an elderly couple. I forgave them since they're old. Even though she was in a leopard print onesie, I think the navy pants threw them off. See Phil, that's why baby girl needs hair bows and headbands. And he thought I was kidding...

How cute is she?! 

Her jacket and pants are for 3 months which is why it's a little big.
It was hard to dress her since we left with 42 degree temperatures and came home to near 60 degrees :-/ 

The first ornament we received. It's really beautiful and came from a co-worker from Papa Jim's old place of employment.

An ornament from Grandma Darla and Papa Jim! Grandma Darla liked that it had Pooh AND Piglet because Piglet is her favorite :) 

This is kind of a first Christmas, but I love that it's more new parents! Another co-worker from Papa Jim's old place gave us this as well.

This pacifier ornament is from Jill's Jemma and G-Chaz, aka my parents :)

The ornament I tried to make for the grandparents as gifts. This is the front... 

and the back! Obviously it didn't go well and the paint went everywhere. I was a bit panicked that she would get sick from the paint, (it was on her lip at one point), but she was obviously just fine :)

This is actually an ornament for me :) It's from my mama's secretary. She saw it in a store and thought of me because of the chair I requested as a baby gift from my folks. It was very sweet and I really like it!

And of course this is me trying to edit pictures and blog with a sleeping baby on my shoulder. She is very much content to be there for now. Plus, I fit into my pre-pregnancy shirts again! Woot!
(If you look carefully, you can see my new necklace from Christmas. It's Jill's birthstone - blue topaz :])

Happy Friday y'all!

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you had the chance to get out! :) and that last picture is too precious. She's so teeny! :)

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...