Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Jillian Tries Rice Cereal

Today was a big day for Miss Jillian! She tried rice cereal for the first time :)

The day started with a little dress-up fun. We got a new dress recently and I was just itching to get it on her!
{Love this girl}

{Of course, we're still practicing the whole sitting-supported thing ;)}

I ran to the grocery store and Phil watched Jillian so I wouldn't have to balance her on those silly carts. Once I got back, we left him alone so he could finish writing his defense power point presentation. Once he was at a stopping point, we decided it was time to try solid food!
{Here it comes...}

{First bite/slurp is in!} 

{"I'm supposed to make bubbles with it, right mama?"}

{A little on the fence in terms of taste} 

{Maybe holding the spoon will change her mind} 

{The experience? Fun! The food? She's not so sure}

We expected her to not be real keen on the cereal. Overall, she did great and we're excited to try again tomorrow!

4 comments:

  1. She is too cute for words!!! I love seeing babies' first experiences with solids. Violet's had rice cereal in her bottle for a few weeks now because her acid reflux had gotten so bad and we think she loves it. However, if it was by itself I'm not sure she'd be too into it. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) Jillian seems to like it a teensy bit better now that we've thickened it up some. I'm glad Violet likes it in her bottle and that it's helping a little with her acid reflux!

      Delete
  2. I LOVE the colors in her first little outfit! Starting solids is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I got it recently at Old Navy and was so excited to put her in it :) I think we might start a vegetable in the next week or so!

      Delete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...