Friday, May 25, 2012

Bigger

I've been in the process of going through Jillian's things. This is partially to organize in general, as well as organize for moving this summer. {Sadly, the home I really like has sold, but there are plenty of fish in the sea :) I digress...} I mentioned in Jillian's 5 month post that she still fits in her 0-3 month outfits. Well, the pants are more like capris and it's getting too warm for her fleece pajamas. With this in mind, I decided to pack up a few outfits.

I will admit that I was a little sad. I did not tear up like I did when I packed her newborn clothes away though. As I started to fold the clothes, I got to thinking.

I can vividly remember unwrapping every outfit we received. Whether it be shower gifts or a special gift from a dear friend. I would wash the outfit after studying carefully reading the care instruction tag twice. After the dryer buzzed, I would place the outfit on a white plastic hanger. I lovingly placed the hanger in the special section of my closet. For a few moments, I would just stare.

Thoughts would whirl around in my head. I thought of how my baby girl would be small enough to fit in those outfits. I thought of how she would wear that precious pink dress to church on Sundays. I thought of all the pictures I would take of her in these different outfits. 

Some days, I honestly can't believe I have a daughter. Now I have a daughter that is outgrowing the clothes I would daydream about her wearing. She is such a blessing to me and I am thankful that she's growing up big and strong!

Besides, what new mother doesn't love having an excuse to go shopping ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...