Friday, March 11, 2016

BB-3 Week 19 Update

Shortly after my post last week, I jumped on a plane, and headed to Las Vegas! My almost-sister-in-law wanted a bachelorette weekend there with as many of her friends as possible. {Which is funny, because if you met the group, (all 8 of us), Vegas isn't really our style. We had a few awkward moments, but overall had a good time doing more "classy" things like brunch, and Cirque du Soleil} I had a fun 48 hour trip, and I met some really nice people! I'm just excited that the wedding is almost here :) Other than that, we've had a challenging week parenting-wise while everyone adjusted to regular life again. Hopefully our appointment with Jillian's counselor today will prove to be helpful. It's hard to believe the big ultrasound is soon! I'm a little bummed I have to wait almost 2 weeks to find out myself, but I know it'll be worth it. It's just hard when Phil knows something I don't ;) Be sure to vote on the side of what gender you think BB-3 is, because that'll be included in a special post tomorrow!

Today's date: March 11, 2016

How far along: 19 Weeks 

Total weight gain: I gained a lot from my trip, so I'm at 6 pounds above prepregnancy weight. {Whoops!}

Size and growth of baby: BB-3 is the size of a mango, heirloom tomato, or (original) Gameboy! BB-3 is developing the protective coating of vernix. They also are working on developing all 5 senses this week {via}

Baby is a: baby! Phil finds out on the 14th, and I'll find out on my birthday :)

Maternity clothing: Still the same. I bought a few more pieces to round out my wardrobe, but I still need two pairs of shoes before I'm done. I also got a maternity swimsuit, which I'm sure will come in handy in the next few weeks!

Sleep: I am so so so so so tired. Even when I got a nice, leisurely nap over the weekend, it wasn't enough. I feel like I may never have energy this pregnancy to get stuff done :(

Movement: BB-3 is moving a little bit everyday! One time, they literally were rolling around, which made me queasy. Jillian only did that once, and I thought I was going to get sick. David never somersaulted like that.

Cravings/Aversions: Cravings were fruit (this is almost an obsession!), Twizzlers, beef jerky, caramel, and kettle corn. Aversions are: the smell of cooking meats, fish, pork, mushrooms, anything overly sweet, peanut butter, greasy food, mayo, rice, and anything that just happens to sound or smell awful at the time.

Morning Sickness: I felt great during my trip over the weekend, but I've been queasy off and on since I've been home. Not enough to worry about throwing up, but enough that I considered taking an old Zofran of mine just to be comfortable. Hopefully this subsides soon!

Symptoms: Sore boobs, lots of round ligament pain, thirsty, a little nausea, gassy, emotional, peeing a fair amount, headaches, tired feet, the beginnings of lower back pain, and feeling really tired.

Labor Signs: None

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first two: I was still sick with Jillian (though had the occasional moment with David), and also lost more weight with Jillian and David. I am way more tired. My cravings and aversions are a weird mixture from both of my previous pregnancies. BB-3 seems to be a quieter baby in utero... at least so far ;) I also never had spotting with the first two. {I did have a small amount of spotting right before I got on my plane for my trip, but it never showed back up!}

The best moment of this past week: Having a fun and safe trip to Vegas for my almost-sister-in-law's bachelorette party, getting home because I missed my family/I'm a terrible flier, getting some news about a possible trip in May, and being able to smell/taste again!! {I'm still only at about 60-70% for both, but hey, that's progress!}

What I miss: Besides my parents, nothing :)

I'm looking forward to: My ultrasound on the 14th, my birthday, the possibility of a cool trip with Phil, seeing my folks again someday, and my brother's wedding in April!


Bump Comparison:
{Left: Jillian 2011 Middle: David 2013 Right: BB-3 2016}

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...