Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Feel The Wind Brushing Slowly By...

I'm still around I promise! This past week was really touch and go in terms of my sanity. School started up again on the 11th and there was quite the shuffling of classes and schedules until I finally got it right :)

So long story short, I now have 12 credit hours. 8 am Business Communications, 10 am Minorities in American Society, 1 pm Intro to Public Administration and 2 pm (MW and NOT F ;D) History of Film II. Overall, I think my semester is going to go really really well! I have quite a few one page papers here and there and of course a handful of tests. However, I only have 1 research paper, (that isn't very long), and 1 oral presentations to do (both in April). I'm confident I'll continue to make good grades this semester and I'm DETERMINED to stay organized in terms of knowing when things are due, when tests/quizzes are, etc. Wish me luck!

I've seen quite the number of movies this year. Part of that was due to my mini-depressed mode when my parents went home and I watched about 5 movies in a 48 hours period. This weekend, Phil and I went to a wedding in Tulsa. We got there on Friday night and had dinner with the in-laws. After that, I went to see "The Lovely Bones" with my BFF Annette! I read the book back in high school and had her read it before the movie came out. If you've read the book, I hope you'll agree with me that there are a few things in the story that you'd rather not watch in a movie. Luckily, it was a very creative adaptation and with it being PG-13, you don't have to endure any of it. It is implied, but nothing more. We enjoyed the movie, (minus ALL the teenagers in there! Ugh, that was annoying :-/), and enjoyed discussing the book afterwards. Plus, we had a fun time catching up in general :D

As far as the wedding, I knew the bride and Phil knew the groom. She is a sorority sister of mine and he roomed with Hubby for a year and they were part of a Halo club. Yea, they totally were ;) Anyways, it was a beautiful wedding and they both looked so very happy! I will never forget the love I saw in their eyes and their smiles :) It was a little awkward for me and another friend of mine due to some social misconceptions, but we got through it together! I didn't really take pictures, but I have many mental pictures to last a lifetime! We are actually going back up to Tulsa in two weeks for another wedding! We have 6 weddings in total to attend this year, (two of which I'm a bridesmaid and one where Phil is his brother's best man!), so it'll be quite the year for us! We're excited to see so many of our friends finding love and happiness :) Cheesy, yes... but I do mean it!

It looks as though Phil and I will have to make a trip down to Ada again to settle all of my CDIB stuff. I faxed over everything and they're saying I don't have the proper birth certificate. Ugh. I'm unable to go today, but we should probably have a chance to go on Thursday. Hopefully I can get this all figured out before the scholarship stuff is due February 1st!!

Other than that, just trying to settle into my new routine. That's one thing I'll LOVE about FINALLY be done with school: having the same routine after the holidays that I had before. I'm sure some don't like that part, but I look forward to it!

Since I missed Saturday, here is...
Oklahoma Girl Confession #2:
I'd rather drive the back roads with my music turned up and the window down than take the highway any day of the week. I don't care if it takes longer, it's better for my soul :)

Hope y'all have a great day!

Peace to you,

"Penny and Me" by Hanson (don't judge me =P)

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...