Monday, January 4, 2010

Let's Start Back Over At One...

Boy is it cold around here! It was pretty hard getting out of bed this morning to be at work. Since I work across town, I have to leave my house 30-45 minutes before I need to be there. Well, lately, I've been leaving about 20 minutes before and I get there right on time. Don't know how I do it, but I better cut that out! It may not work so well one of these days.

I have a subscription to a game website called Big Fish Games. Turns out its an Oklahoma company! Anyways, they have games for PCs, Macs as well as online versions I can play at work. Well, being a member, I pay $6.99 a month and I can buy games at a lower price as well as I get a game credit about every 4-6 weeks. I've discovered I LOVE their murder mystery hidden-object games. Specifically the Mystery Case Files games. Not only to you have to help solve a mystery, you find hidden objects in different scenes and solve puzzles to unlock rooms and the like. It's really pretty addicting. I noticed I had a game credit so I purchased the new Mystery Case Files: Dire Grove game. Of course I didn't start it until about 8 pm and HAD to finish the game because I was "so close to the end". So what did I do? I stayed up until midnight finishing the game. Then of course, Phil and I had to read the next 4 chapters of Genesis for our goal of reading the Bible in 365 days. Then I was hyper, of course, from the game. What time did I finally go to sleep? Between 1:15 and 1:45 am. What time do I need to leave for work dressed and ready to go? Between 7:15 and 7:30 am. What time did I hop in the car to warm it up? 7:42 am. Yep, way to go me. To be honest though... it was worth it :)

Quick question to my blogger friends. Why do you shorten your husband to "husby" instead of "hubby"? I've always heard "hubby" and that's what my youth kids call Phil. (*sidenote* When I first started helping, they only knew him as Courtney's husband. Then, even after learning his name, they decided it'd be cooler to just call him "hubby" instead) I only heard of the term "husby" about 2 weeks ago when I started looking at other blogs. This isn't a pointed question and I don't want to offend anyone. I'm just curious as to where the term came from!

With all the cold air and snow blowing around most of the country, I'm going to leave you with this thought. I was walking to my car yesterday, on my way to church. The wind was blowing frigid air and I just kept thinking of how nice my warm car would feel once it heated up. As I near the walkway to the parking lot, I noticed something in the corner of my eye. I realized that little flurries of snow where dancing around in the harsh wind, trying to land gently on the ground. I've only had one other moment where I got caught in falling snow. I was at a rehearsal for the school musical and stepped outside for some fresh air. Shortly after stepping out, these huge and fluffy flakes started falling from the sky. It was a beautiful moment and I will never forget the feeling as I danced around with my arms outstretched, looking to the sky of never ending flakes. As I came back to the present, all I could do was smile as I watched the flurries floating around. Despite snow and ice making travel plans impossible and the cold air making it a bitter task to even walk outside, I challenge you to think of a happy memory. Of a time when snow was the greatest gift you could ever receive. The times when you'd play with friends and/or family all day, then you'd come inside with your nose running and sit in front of the fireplace with a cup of hot chocolate with whipped cream or a big fat marshmallow floating at the top. When you'd sleep well knowing you'd see the glimmer of the snow on the ground the next morning. Or a time, like mine, where just watching the snow fall brings a sense of joy and peace. Knowing that you will never forget a moment like this for the rest of your life. Winter is a hard time for everyone. You have the holidays to get through, the bills after Christmas to mull over, the next chilly months that make you long for the sun's warming rays and the beauty of flowers blooming near your home. However, enjoying every moment, whether it be a memory or the present, will make the season much more joyous and bearable :)

Peace to you,

"One" by Faith Hill

2 comments:

  1. Glad you found me! :) It sounds like we have a lot in common--I've just added you to my reader, and can't wait to start reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's FREEEEEEEEZING here. It's been hanging around the upper teens lately. This morning it was 18 degrees and "felt like 10". EEP!

    I sometimes refer to Jarrod as hubby and sometimes husby. My guess is because hubby is a nickname, generally speaking. Husby with the s actually HAS part of "husb"and in it...so it kind of makes more sense? Haha. That's just a guess!

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...