Saturday, January 23, 2010

How Can You Stop When Your Feet Say "Go"...

Have you ever gone to the store to get something and you end up with something entire different and unexpected? I'm sure I'm not the only one that happens to. However, I do believe there are not many people that have done what Phil and I did last night...

We tried to run to Petsmart the day before to get some treats for Petey. However, they were closing in 20 minutes so we decided to go the next day. So Friday is a fairly quiet day and I actually had a bad headache. We almost didn't go to the store, but decided to anyways. Well, we go and of course there are cats up for adoption. We always look at the cats and look around for awhile before we get what we came for. When we get to the cat area, most of the cats are asleep... except for one black cat. This cat, named Kahlua, takes one look at us and starts silently meowing, since the plexi-glass "cage" makes it hard to hear them. We think it's cute and I press my hand to the glass. She rubs against it and continues to silently meow. She looks at Phil, apparently right through to his soul, then proceeds to paw at him like she wants him to hold her. Now keep in mind, I want to adopt every animal known to man because I'll love them all. Well, this continues for several minutes and long story short, (too late), we go home with Kahlua, now named Salem :) Yep... we went in for cat treats and left with a whole new cat! HAHA It was very much a surprise and yes, now we have 3 cats. However, we will not have ANY more pets until we have a house! She's so love-y and calm and cute :) I just love her! I'll post pictures as soon as I can get her to look at the camera! She's a bit shy. She has a good bill of health, updated shots, is spayed and declawed. Salem is also 5 years old so she's not a kitten. Like I said, she's very calm and love-y and we definitely like having her around! Of course, now we have the looooooooong process of getting the cats aquainted. It'll be rough, but I'm hopeful of the outcome.

Today was a big day too! I went to my Weight Watchers meeting and I've lost 25.6 pounds since August!! I'm so happy and very much proud of myself for not giving up :D After that, I ran to Target with Jess to get some gifts for a birthday party. Laci's little girl, Andey Jo, is turns 1 tomorrow so they threw her a party at Mazzio's! I apparently will have to stay away from Target when we have kids because I went a little over budget for my gift. All the little girl outfits were so precious!! I just wanted them all :) After that I drove Jess home, which is across town, then relaxed with Phil for about an hour. We took my youth group to LaserQuest laser tag, then to Braum's for some ice cream. Now we're home and completely exhausted!

Oklahoma Girl Confession #3
I would like to own a pair of cowboy boots, but I'd LOVE a pair in black, brown, pink and light tan just so it can go with any outfit I choose :)

I hope y'all had a good day today and that your weekend is going well.

Peace to you,


"Honky Cat" by Elton John

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...