Saturday, January 2, 2010

If I Only Knew The Days Were Slipping Past...

Another quiet day in central Oklahoma. I had my Weight Watchers meeting today and I ended up gaining from my last official weigh in two weeks ago. The surprising thing is, I wasn't super upset about it like I thought I would be! I figured out, with my leader, what happened and it made me hopeful and confident that the next time this happens, I'll recognize the signs and get back on track! We had some new members today so the meeting was pretty full. That's to be expected at the beginning of the year.

Afterwards I lounged around the apartment since Phil was at work. I got periodical texts from the folks letting me know exactly where they were. They made it home safe and sound! I dyed my hair, watchws a few movies, (again.. I know!), then cooked some spiced pumpkin and shrimp soup! Phil must have been hungry because he finished his really fast! LOL

Like I mentioned before, I don't have any resolutions this year, just goals/to-do list for the year. It's not as much stuff as the 101 in 1001, but there are plenty of things. So without further ado, here is my list:

1) Start working out again
2) Be in good enough shape to keep up with my dad when I visit my folks in July
3) See Carrie and Jon in San Diego over Spring Break
4) Do well enough in school to get approved to graduate in December
5) Do 1 thing a month that I've never done before and document it on Blogger
6) Go on another anniversary trip with Phil to Hot Springs
7) Take youth group on a mission trip (even if it's local)
8) See an allergist to finally find out what I'm allergic to
9) Start saving for our trips in 2011
10) Get my brother-in-law and 2 of my best friends married
11) Lose another 25 pounds by August
12) Take summer courses
13) Go on 1 date a month with Phil
14) Read the Bible in 365 days with Phil
15) Do daily devotional every morning by myself
16) Read a new book every other month
17) Get all my photos into an album and out of the storage tub
18) Take a class on how to decorate cakes
19) Get a second piercing in my ears
20) Grow my hair out

There you have it. My to-do list for the year. Wish me luck and I wish the best of luck to all of you on your lists/resolutions :)

Peace to you,


"Lost" by Michael Buble

1 comment:

  1. fun list!!

    a cake decorating class would be so fun! that might have to go on my NEXT 101 in 1001 list! haha

    oh and i totally remember those gaining weeks at weight watchers and how frustrating it can be. hang in there!!

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...