Friday, January 1, 2010

From The Past Will Come The Future; What It Holds, A Mystery...

I'm so glad New Year's Day is essentially a day of rest. After the youth lock-in last night, I was more than happy to lounge around in my pjs :) I didn't miss the countdown this year! So very happy about that! Did anyone else notice that texting just stopped for about an hour or so? At least around here, so many people were texting "happy new year" to one another that nothing would send and nothing was received for about an hour. After the countdown, we set up the large tv in the fellowship hall and watched "Up" and "Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs" before we all fell asleep. I ended up getting about 5 hours of sleep, which is 5 more hours than I expected to get! I woke up early and picked up so the kids could sleep a little longer. I knew my parents would be headed out of town by about 10 am so I tried to get the parents to come between 8 and 8:30. Thankfully, with Phil being my other adult, even though a few kids were left, Phil stayed with the kids as I ran home to say goodbye. Luckily my parents were not quite ready and I was able to pick Phil up so that we could send them off together. There is never enough time when my parents are visiting, or vice versa, but it was a little easier to say goodbye. I didn't cry, (though I think I was cried out thanks to "Up" lol), but it was sad to see them pull away from the apartment complex. They even offered to buy plane tickets for Phil and I to go up to Minnesota for my birthday weekend! You know it's love if I'm willing to fly! lol My birthday is near Palm Sunday and the weekend before Easter so both my parents are pretty busy. I sure hope all of our schedules will make that possible.

After my parents were off, I changed into my pjs and just lounged around that apartment. I watched "How to Be", "Confessions of a Shopoholic" and "Doubt" on my computer via Netflix. Phil also got me out of the house a little bit by having a Target run! And who can say no to that? ;)

In other news, Phil and I were up for an upgrade and we ended up purchasing the same phone! lol With the mail-in rebate for these phones, it's basically free! We both got a Samsung Flight

So far we both really like them! I have ringtones and wallpapers that will keep us from having the wrong phone ;) It's a touch screen as well as a full keyboard! At first I didn't want a full keyboard, but I'm definitely warming up to it.

Instead of resolutions, I have a to-do list for the year! I haven't completed it just yet, but I will be sharing once I've finished.

Hope y'all had a great first day of the year!

Peace to you,
"In the Bulb There Is a Flower" Hymn

1 comment:

  1. Happy New Year!!

    I hate the goodbyes with my parents... they are the worst!! I used to just bawl after saying goodbye but I have gotten better and now its just a tear or two. :)

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...