Friday, May 7, 2010

All Day Long They're Singin'...

Show Us Your Life with Kelly's Korner


I thought it might be fun to participate in Kelly's Show Us Your Life today! Plus, it's baby names and who doesn't love that ;)

I've always loved coming up with names for my future children. I had a little drawing book that I would fill with poems, drawings, and names I had heard. Of course at the time I wanted at least 6 children so I had several names picked out. They've changed over time, but its always fun to look at.

Originally Phil and I picked out four names; two per gender. However, because of my recent diagnosis with PCOS, we have narrowed it to two names; one per gender. We have the other names just in case the good Lord decides to bless us more :) I'll give you our two names, then the two back ups.

Boy
Hunter James

Phil and I both love unique names that wouldn't cause children embarrassment, like Apple or Forka. We knew a few Hunters, but not very many. Plus, its a type of green which is Phil's favorite color! James is one of two family names on Phil's side. The other family name is George. In fact, his dad's name is James George! HAHA The tradition is to give the family name as the first name, but I liked the flow of Hunter James better.

Girl
Lillian Rose

I wanted the opportunity to honor my family using names from both sides of my family (since I love all of them and not just my mom's side or dad's side). We discovered the name Lillian when I was creating a family tree to get my CDIB (Certified Degree of Indian Blood) Card. I had to trace my tree back to my great-grandparents. Lillian was on my mom's side and Phil really liked the name. Plus, we're really into How I Met Your Mother, and one of the main characters' name is Lilly. Plus, I just think it's a cute name :) Rose is sort of a family name on Phil's side. His grandpa's mother's name was Rosa, but I like Rose better. We originally liked the middle name Mae (which is another family name on my side), but we found out a girl I know named her dog that. Awesome. Plus, now Lilly will be my bouquet of joy instead of bundle ;)

Those are our two primary names. Our secondary names are:

Boy
William Michael

I'll have to start with the middle name first. Both my father and brother have the middle name Michael. I wanted to have a son named Jonathan Michael for as long as I can remember to honor the two of them. Well, we have a good friend named Jon and we didn't want things to get confusing so we decided to find a new first name. Not many names went well that we could agree on. We talked about William and liked it best. We always joke that if we have twins, a boy and girl, we could name them Will and Lil ;) EDIT:: According to my mama, William is a family name on her side, so it works!

Girl
Margeaux Louise

This is mostly me :) I LOVE the name Margo for some reason. I think it sounds sophisticated, classy, and just beautiful. I once saw it spelled the French way and knew instantly I would spell it that way if given the chance. Louise is my mom's middle name and my dad's dad was named Louis. I felt it honored both families like I aim to do with any tribute to them.

As I said before, we hope to use all four names, (and by we I mean me ;P). However, we will be very happy with any amount of children God blesses us with. Whether they be of our own flesh and blood or if we have to adopt them all, we will love our children dearly.

Peace to you,

"Chain Gang" by Sam Cooke (Stuck in my head all morning!)

2 comments:

  1. wow, i like all the names you picked! especially margeaux... so cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like Margeaux! Spelling it was difficult, but I like it alot! I hope and pray that you can have all four of the children you desire to have!

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...