Thursday, May 6, 2010

When You Can't Contain Your Joy Inside...

I'm back! I have one last final tomorrow morning, but my first summer class starts on Monday. Luckily its online only so I'll still have plenty of time to work and relax. I realized the other day that Phil's brother, a co-worker of mine, and the wedding I'm in this summer are all happening three weekends in a row! Not complaining since I love weddings :) It's just interesting that it worked out that way.

Happy National Prayer Day! I was grouchy this morning, but listening to KLOVE reminded me its not about me and I had the opportunity to join in several prayers during their show. Whether you pray or not, as a Christian, I find it refreshing to stop and reflect on the good going on in the world and hoping for the best in the future.

Tonight Phil and I went to this cupcake place we read about in the Oklahoma Gazette. It was in downtown, but it was intriguing to us because it had a milk bar instead of the typical coffee! We got there and the cupcakes were delicious!! Their milk cups are frozen so the milk is very cold. They have white, chocolate and strawberry and it's all you can drink! I mixed strawberry and chocolate and had a red velvet cupcake. It was great. Plus, the restaurant is a refurbished home so we got to eat on the patio. Beautiful night to do that. It's called Sara Sara Cupcakes and we'll definitely going again soon :D

I decided I needed to re-watch Sex and the City since I haven't done that in our new apartment yet. Really its just an excuse to watch the series from start to finish ;) I've also been planning how to decorate our future house. Wherever we end up when we're both done with school, we'll be able to afford a house soon after moving. So I'm doing what I do best; plan. Its making me want my house now, but I guess I can wait a little longer.

This weekend we're going up to T-town to see the in-laws. We'll go bike riding down Riverside and then go to a Drillers game at the new stadium. Despite a rainy Sunday, I think it'll be a good weekend. Also, I'll get to have video call with my mom online for Mother's Day! Its not the same, but it'll be great to see her lovely face :) Mother's Day is going to be a little hard for me this year after what Phil and I went through last year. Its made me a little grouchy this week. I feel bad for Phil especially because I've been extra short with him which isn't fair to him. This is my stuff I need to get over. However, I know those I love will be very helpful in getting me through the day.

Other than that, just happy the spring semester is finally over. April was just crazy for me and just really drained me and Phil. It's been hard getting out of bed the past few days. We recently switched to our light quilt since its been warmer and its just extra comfy lately. After this weekend we should be able to catch up on sleep. We have been keeping up with our bible readings too! We haven't missed at night! I'm very proud of us.

Hope y'all have been doing well! I'll be slowly catching up on blogs so I can feel more in the loop.

Peace to you,


"Untitled Hymn (Come to Jesus)" by Chris Rice (beautiful song :])

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...