Friday, May 14, 2010

Calm Down, Release Your Cares...

Today has been really weird. Not necessarily in a bad way, but definitely strange. It started off with a loud thunderstorm. In fact, one big boom set off a car alarm... at 5 am :-/ Phil and I were going to get up and stand outside of Eclipse tickets, but it was still full on storming at 6 am and we figured we'd just buy them later. Then Phil and I went to pick up my check at work, deposited it, went to Norman for a meeting he had, (that ended up being canceled), then we walked to my doctor's appointment on campus. I have some eczema on my legs that won't heal very well. Luckily the doctor thinks with some strong cream, it should be good :) The weird thing is, when I apply it at night, she wants me to wrap my legs in saran wrap. That's gonna be interesting. After the doctor's appointment, we got home and just relaxed. I haven't been feeling very good all night so it's been nice to just lay on the couch. We've watched a little SATC, then My Cousin Vinny and Pandorum thanks to the Netflix application on Phil's Xbox. We lead such an exciting life. My Cousin Vinny was really funny and Pandorum is pretty interesting. It wasn't what I expect, but not too bad.

I've been thinking about how Phil and I go back and forth with one another. I'm sure to people who don't know us that well, they probably think we're just awful. When we tease and joke around, we can get kind of mean. Every so often we may cross a line, but we work it out and we're ok again. I think it's important to always keep people's feelings in mind. Even if you have a relationship where you're hard on one another, make sure your words are more helpful than hurtful. I tell people Phil and I have had a different experience our first year and 11 months of marriage. We've had to deal with other hard issues together. This made our arguments different from most newlyweds. However, there are still a few lessons about being a new wife that I've had to learn the hard way. I try my best to lead a life worthy of my role as a wife, daughter, sister and follower of Christ. I may not always do the best job, but I always do my best :)

Peace to you,


"Recycled Air" by The Postal Service

1 comment:

  1. Trying your best is all you can do. :)

    And you guys sound like us...it's fun to just chill out and watch some movies every once and a while...boring or not. ;)

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...