Thursday, May 20, 2010

But The Computer Has The Evidence...

Good Grief! I was doing so well with updates. Unfortunately life continues to find new and "exciting" ways of making me exhausted. I was asleep before 11 pm last night and I'm still dragging today. I guess I needed that coffee after all.

First and foremost, I've decided to do a special "Ask Courtney" post in exactly one week, Thursday May 27th. As long as the question isn't offensive, I will be happy to answer anything you may have wondered about me. If you already know something, but want details, that's ok too! I know I don't have many readers, but I think it will still be fun :)


Monday, Phil and I got to visit/have dinner with one of our favorite married couples, Carrie and Jon (COJO)! They're the ones we visited in San Diego earlier this year. Carrie is from OK so when she comes to visit, we usually get to see her for a least an hour. This time, she brought Jon and the pups with her! We went to a new restaurant in OKC called 105degrees. It's a raw food type of restaurant because COJO recently became vegetarians. I know Phil loves his meat, but sometimes I eat vegetarian because I'm just not in the mood for meat. This place was delicious. Really! I was very impressed with the food, the server, the wine, and the overall experience. I also loved that it filled me up without making me feel just disgusting. Afterwards, we took them to our new favorite cupcake place. Turns out they were introduced to it earlier that day! HAHA They were so sweet about it. Apparently when we got there, they didn't want to say anything in case it hurt our feelings. LOL After cupcakes, we went by the bombing memorial since Jon has never been. The sun was almost set and the lights were coming on. It's always a little depressing, but it was beautiful and peaceful at the same time. I'm glad we could share that moment together. The only issue we had was the next morning. Since neither of us are vegetarians, our bodies are not quite used to digesting all of the pure vegetarian/vegan food. It was tasty, but we did not feel so hot the next day. If you want to check it out, but don't live the lifestyle; remember that your stomach may be a little iffy the next day. I'll still go back, but maybe not eat as much ;)

Last night we had some more storms. It looked like it was going to get pretty nasty so I opted to go to Norman to be with Phil. That way I wouldn't be stuck at home ALONE with three kitties with a tornado heading my way. After last night, I have a theory. *dramatic pause* I'm a tornado magnet. Seriously! There was quite a tornado outbreak last night, but most of it was north of the OKC area. Ok, we're good. Well, after I arrive in Norman, the dry line started spitting out storms. Within 30 minutes, these storms were becoming severe and dangerous. Two storms popped up at the same time around the same area. However, the one farthest to the west, in Chickasha, was following the turnpike on a NE path. The other was heading straight east. *dramatic pause* This is not what ended up happening. After it past Chickasha, the storm started changing directions. It was now going in a mostly E, slightly NE direction. MEANING it was coming STRAIGHT FOR NORMAN! Not just anywhere in Norman, the SOUTHERN MOST PORTION WHERE WE WERE LOCATED!!! Seriously?! Seriously? We go next door to the National Weather Center and watch the storms on Phil's laptop. I text my brother who says "I'm watching the news. It looks like it'll go south of me so I'll be fine." My issue? WE were south of him. The sirens were going off and the clouds were rotating. Was there a tornado in Norman? Actually, that storm never produced a tornado per se. It was rotating, but no debris cloud ever formed. After it clears, Phil decides it's safe to go home. You know why? NO STORMS HIT MIDWEST CITY AT ALL! Seriously?! Seriously? That was the entire point of me going to Norman. As I'm pointing this out to Phil, he decides to tell me he's a tornado repellent.
*dramatic pause*
I married the perfect man. Seriously.

You see, I don't think I'll ever be ok with storms if they're endangering my life and my home. I could be a storm chaser if I didn't live where the storms were. It's just one of my quirks. I know the conditions needed for a small to large tornado. I know where to go and when to start panicking if it's getting close. However, my gut and my head never agree. My cheeks get red and I feel like I'm going to throw up for hours. I just can't remain calm. Part of it could be because I know I can't control it. *sigh* I'm living in the wrong state for sure :(

I hope y'all are having a good week!

Peace to you,

"Major Tom" by Shiny Toy Guns

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...