Friday, January 7, 2011

You Are More Than The Sum Of Your Past Mistakes...


{via}
{I thought this was funny since Fridays are good for everyone else ;)}

Oh Friday... am I glad to see you!! Work has been insane this week. I understand it's the first full work week after the holidays. I also understand that it is my first full week of being a full time employee only. Even with these things in mind, I still have had a ridiculous week including, but not limited to: my boss losing ALL his data on his computer, UPS losing a package and NOT owning up to it, lots of overnight shipping requests from the same people. Those were the big things... I'm not even counting the small things! Even with everything that's happened/gone wrong, I still love my job :)

Lucky you, not only am I continuing the 10 day meme, I'm also bringing the Friday Five back! I did get a chance to post because, with yesterday being Epiphany, (aka the 12th day of Christmas), Phil and I went to Target to get some storage boxes, (on clearance for $4.18!), so we can put all our Christmas stuff away. Not only do I want to be better organized this year, I also want to pack things for moving so I don't have to do it more than once this year. Plus, if we end up somewhere where we'll have to live in an apartment, even temporarily, I don't want to wonder what to keep packed/what to unpack, etc. Also, it's easier to determine what to put into storage that way if we need to go that route. After we packed everything away, I wanted to watch the new Grey's Anatomy episode before bed. Once the show was over, I was just exhausted and went straight to bed. I really really liked the episode last night! I won't say anything that spoils it in case any of you haven't seen it, but I was very happy by the end!

So, minus yesterday, I will be doing the 10 day meme! When I talked to my mom yesterday, I had asked if she had seen my new look for the blog and she said"Yes!" Then I asked about the picture up top, (which I did on Picnik and I'm quite proud of it), to which she replied "Oh yeah... it's so big!" HAHA Thanks mom. She then said, "I think I figured out all the people for the 10 things" and then proceeded to guess all of them. She got about 4 or 5 right, which isn't too bad. I just thought it was cute she wanted to go through them all ;) I just love that woman! Now to Day 9!

Day One: Ten things you want to say to ten different people right now.
Day Two: Nine things about yourself.
Day Three: Eight ways to win your heart.
Day Four: Seven things that cross your mind a lot.
Day Five: Six things you wish you’d never done.
Day Six: Five people who mean a lot (in no order whatsoever)
Day Seven: Four turn-offs.
Day Eight: Three turn-ons.
Day Nine: Two images that describe your life right now, and why.
Day Ten: One confession.

1. I hold grudges. I don't know why, but it's really hard for me to let things go. Even though I tend to trust everyone upon meeting until proven otherwise, it's really hard for me to forgive them once they do break my trust. I guess I figure I can live a happy life without you, so why both giving you multiple chances. I want to work on forgiveness, but I feel it will be a lifelong struggle for me.

2. Most people assume that, with both my parents being ordained ministers, that I've been super religious all my life. This is not true. I've never gone through a period where I didn't believe in God, but I definitely lived quite awhile where he just existed. I didn't particularly lean on Him or trust he'd lead me to my chosen path in life. I rarely prayed, especially in front of others. It wasn't until I decided that I didn't want a bitter heart by blaming God for my parents' move to Minnesota that I truly started to seek Him. I've been very happy ever since :)

3. I don't always salute the flag. This may come as a shock and may even make some of you mad. Don't get me wrong, I FULLY support all soldiers, troops, and the country itself. I am so very thankful that I live in this country. However, a part of me doesn't feel right because I don't want to pledge allegiance to an object when I should only be pledging my allegiance to God alone. I still stand there respectfully, but I don't always put my hand over my heart. Besides, my choice not to salute is a part of what that flag stands for: my freedoms. Again, I mean no disrespect, but it's a matter of personal preference. I do salute sometimes, just not every single time.

4. I had a case of eczema on my eyelids the spring of my freshman year of college. Then, two years ago, I got some bad spots on both my lower calfs that are still slowly fading. When I went to the doctor recently, she informed me that I will probably have eczema my entire life thanks to my pale complexion. Awesome. I'm getting better at putting on lotion daily, but I can always tell when I forget because I get really really itchy.

5. I was a Brownie Girl Scout for one full year. Why just one year? None of the girls, including the one who's mom would pick me up for meetings, liked me. In fact, for our day camps, I was somehow always assigned to clean the toilets. Maybe that's why I don't mind doing it so much now. Anyways, I decided I didn't want to be part of a group that didn't want me there and quit.

6. I like celebrity gossip. I haven't kept up as well over the last 2 years or so, but I love me some good trash :)

7. I want to own as many TV seasons of my favorite shows as I can. Why? So I can switch to basic cable and make my own TV line ups!

8. Since I have worked in the same office for nearly 2 years, I know more about toilets than you ever cared to know. If you ever want to know about some good, higher end toilets, send me a message and I'll be happy to indulge you :)

9. I hate coconut. I used to say I was allergic so no one would even try to give me anything with coconut in it. I hate the taste, the texture, the whole shebang. Ew ew ew.


Now on to my Friday Five. I figured I would do the 5 Things I Want to Accomplish in 2011! I've explained before that I usually make goals instead of resolutions because that seems to fit my personality better :)

1. Read 2 books max a month and write a post about each one. I'm a fairly slow reader so I figured making it 2 max would make me feel better if a particular book takes awhile to get through. I've already read "Mennonite in a Little Black Dress" and will be starting "Jurassic Park" today!

2. Eat better so that I can treat my body better. I don't want to make a goal weight or anything like that, even though I know I need to lose a lot. However, just eating correctly will help. Also, with what I call my "new body", I can't/shouldn't eat certain things because it makes me unbearably sick. If I treat my body with respect, I should a) feel better in general and b) lose some weight.

3. Make a 101 in 1001 list. I figured it's similar to an ultimate bucket/to-do list so I think I'm going to finally do one. I just hope I can come up with that many things!

4. Move in the most organized fashion I can manage.

5. Go to Disney World for our anniversary!! Yes! It won't be happening on my 25th birthday, BUT it will still be this year! As long as we get the funds we should, we can afford to drive to Disney World and have 3 FULL days at the park! Though, we may spend one of those days at the Wizarding World of Harry Potter, but we'll see :) This is probably my favorite goal, and I'm sure you know why ;)

Happy Friday everyone!!

Peace to you,

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...