Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Back to the Grind

After a long weekend full of activity, my parents are gone. It's always hard the first 24 hours and then slowly gets better. I am honestly so happy to have parents that I enjoy being around. I know I'll see them again soon, but it's never soon enough for me :)

Our weekend started with a quick church meeting, then we headed south to the Chickasaw Cultural Center. In case you were not aware, (since I'm really really white), I am a citizen of the Chickasaw tribe. In fact, there is a tiny town in Oklahoma named after our family :) Anyways, we had a small family reunion where we met up to see this new center. I forgot our camera so these were taken by my cousin Katie.
{Jillian waving to her adoring fans family} 

{The three of us waiting to go into the museum} 

{Most of the family that came! (Someone had to take the photo)}
{I did cover the faces of the two youngest members. Since I'm not sure how their parents feel about having the faces online, I thought I'd block it out.} 

{Meeting Great Aunt Becky for the first time!} 

Then Sunday, (Phil's first Father's Day), we had Jillian baptized at the new church we've recently joined. Two of my aunts from the reunion came to the service, as well as my in-laws! We had lunch at Interurban after and had a nice afternoon. For dinner, my parents babysat while Phil and I went out for a fancy dinner and a movie to celebrate his new job, graduation, and getting a big boy paycheck :)

{The three of us with Pastor Keith} 

{Us with her church sponsor - Tony!}
{Fun side note: He was my choir director my senior year of high school! I had no idea he was still at the church when we started visiting and were able to reconnect. Small world huh?} 

{The newly baptized with her family and pastor :)} 

Yesterday was more of a relaxing day for us. My mom and I went to see this movie, dad and I bought him an official Thunder t-shirt, and we had a nice dinner at Rib Crib. Sadly, they had to start the trek back home after lunch today. I made sure we got a nice photo before they left :)

{Jillian with her Jemma and G-Chaz. She's even smiling a little!}

I will admit that we're probably in the minority of those who don't really care about the big game for the Thunder tonight. We are more baseball and college football fans. I mean, it would be neat and all, but we're not on the edge of our seats about it.

I hope y'all are having a great start to the week!!

4 comments:

  1. Aww, I so wish we could have been at the baptism, but it looks like it went wonderfully and Jill looked so beautiful! :) So glad you got to have some good times w/ your parents & other relatives! I enjoyed so much having my relatives around a LOT when I was a kid, and I know Jilly will be so glad that you all have been so good about getting her out with friends & family so much, one day. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks love! We wish you could have too, but cooking up a sweet baby boy is a good excuse ;)

      Delete
  2. I'm glad you got to see your family (even if for a short time) and that you have such a great time with them! Jilly is adorable as always! Where do you get her bows by the way? You always have such cute ones on her!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks friend! I just love that my parents are the kind of people I WANT to hang out with as an adult. I've gotten them a few different places, but most of them, (including the solid colored bows), came from an etsy shop called One Little Monkey! I love the prices and they are really good quality. I did buy most of what I have during a 50% off sale, but they are still priced well without that. Here's a link if you're interested!
      http://www.etsy.com/shop/OneLittleMonkeyShop?ref=af_you_favshop

      Delete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...