Sunday, June 10, 2012

Sunday Social 6/10

I was going to do a quick update, but we were so daggum boring this weekend! Since Phil finished his first full work with his big boy job, he was pretty pooped. We did look at 2 more homes yesterday that look like better prospects. Let's just hope they don't get swiped off the market in less than 30 days like the others :-/

For something fun, I thought I'd do a link up! I don't do these often, but I recently became a follower of Ashley and thought I'd give it a try :) If you'd like to have some fun to, just answer the questions below and link up!!


Sunday Social




1. How did you come up with your blog name?
My original blog was "On This Side" which are lyrics from a Nickel Creek song I adore. However, when I changed to this blog, I wanted it to reflect where I was in life. At the time, Phil and I were just learning how to function beyond the newlywed stage of our marriage. Also, most of my posts are for my family to read to see what's going on with us. So I created "Court on the Coghills" as a way of saying it's me talking about our family. Also, I love corn, so it was a play on the word corn on the cob. Lame? Yeah, a little, but that's just my personality.
 
2. What is your favorite thing about blogging?
While I am thankful for the amazing women that I've met and consider friends, I also love being able to look back and see what happened way back when. I started my blog with Blogger in 2009 when many things were happening in my life. Sometimes I'll read an entry and laugh because I completely forgot about an event! 


3. What is one thing you have discovered because of blogging and now can't live without?
Hmm... For me, it's a toss up between Birchbox and various baby items. When I was registering for Jillian, I did lots of research via blogs to find out what other moms liked/used for their babies. That was definitely MUCH more helpful than reading reviews on other sites.

4. Facebook or Twitter? And why?
That's tough for me. Most of my family is exclusively on Facebook, so that's why I really keep it around. If I had to choose one to have over the other, it would most likely be Twitter. I use it more often and it's easier to keep in touch. Maybe if I get my folks on Twitter, I can get rid of Facebook ;)

5. If one celeb read your blog, who would you want it to be?
Oh goodness, I don't even know! Maybe Emily Deschanel or Emma Stone. I like both of them!

6. What is something you want people to know about your blog?
Because Jillian is our first baby, I do talk about her a lot. I know some people hate reading "mommy" blogs. Since I'm a new stay-at-home mom, she's kind of my world! However, I'm pretty witty, (or so I think HAHA), and I love meeting new and friendly people!

1 comment:

  1. I'm right behind you with the mommy blog. I am 37 week and ready to pop!

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...