Friday, June 1, 2012

Shining Light

Despite the excitement with Phil's accomplishment, several things have been looming over me and in my heart. Many changes are happening all at once, and it's getting hard keeping up. And honestly? No matter how thankful I am to have something over the broken window, that board is making me claustrophobic. I feel like I'm in a cage and it's making me pretty anxious.

The glowing spot? My beautiful daughter of course ;) She is showing signs of a new tooth, but is overall still being a joy! She was really saying "mama" and other sounds with "ah" tonight. It was nice to hear her babbling to remind me she's still on the right track despite her unilateral hearing loss. And her laugh? Infectious beyond belief! It is honestly my favorite sound in the world. Top it off with Phil playing with her to make her laugh and it really makes my heart melt!

As I was feeding her today, I thought I'd give her the chance to be a little messy. I was hoping that would get her more eager to eat. Well, that was not the result I got, but she was having fun with the bowl at least :)
{What's in here mama?} 

{Hmmm... I'm not so sure} 

{Maybe if I hold it this way} 

{I'm sure it's just - SQUIRREL!}
{hehe a little joke reference to this. Obviously she has mama's attention span already} 

 {What happens if I do this?}

{Innocent face :)} 

{I guess I'll just play with the spilled cereal on my tray}

Messy? Oh yeah. Worth it? Completely :)
Happy Friday y'all!

2 comments:

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...