Monday, June 4, 2012

First Day and Weekend Recap

Today was Phil's first day as a full time employee. No more school for him! {At least for quite some time.} We discussed last night how the mornings would be go from now on. In terms of day one, it works well for us. Let's hope day two goes just as well ;) Anyways, I ended up rearranging the furniture in our living room/dining room this morning. If our space is going to be limited for awhile, I want to be as happy as possible with the layout. I got so much accomplished before noon! That was quite fortunate because a certain someone was cranky for most of the afternoon. Plus, Jillian has suddenly gone from being pretty good with rice cereal to won't-open-her-mouth-and-hysterically-crying when I put a spoon near her face. It is quite a battle for sure. I hope this phase is short :-/

We did have a nice weekend. We went up to Tulsa for a quick trip. I got to have lunch with my amazing friend Annette, then Phil's folks threw a family BBQ in honor of Phil's accomplishment! Lots of extended family came by for burgers and just had a grand ol' time. We were only missing 1 or 2 couples for it to be the usual Thanksgiving crowd. Since this is our year with them for Thanksgiving, we joked it was a dry-run for Jillian ;) Luckily she did really well and seemed to enjoy her doting fans. {It is very strange to think that she will be roughly two weeks shy of being a year old for Thanksgiving. She will definitely be mobile if not walking by then. Makes me a little teary-eyed!} I tried to get some photos for the evening, but only managed a few before the crowd showed up.
{Jillian hanging out with great-grandma} 

{Jillian with her great-grandma and Grandma Darla}

I was originally going to see Mike before the BBQ, but he had so much going on that we decided to wait until Sunday on our way out of town to see him and Julia. The movers came today and they are leaving early tomorrow morning. They will be stopping a few times before they make it to Seattle. I was sad Jillian fell asleep during our visit, but I still got some good photos :)
{Love them!}
{p.s. Cute couple huh?! I think so ;)}

And what's a first day of work without some photos yes?
{Saying goodbye} 

{A kiss for the road} 

{And he's off to work!}

It sounds like his day went well overall. He will have to leave a little early tomorrow because he will be turning in his corrected dissertation to the university. I don't think you can get more official than that!

Hope y'all had a great Monday!

2 comments:

  1. Aww your honey looks so proud! I bet y'all both are :) I'm glad the change is going well too and I'm sure it'll only get easier!

    and on another note, isn't it SO sad to think about how much older our babies will be by the end of the year? I hate it! :(

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks girl! We are both pretty excited :) I'm sure the first week is the hardest. Luckily, we're almost there!

      It IS so sad!! It makes me miss my sweet, precious newborn :(

      Delete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...