Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Bébé Deux Week 36 Update


Today's date: November 5, 2013 {Happy 30th Birthday to my big bro!!}

How far along: 36 Weeks

Total weight gain: 25.5 pounds

Size and growth of baby: David is the size of a head of romaine lettuce! He is around 6 pounds, and over 18-1/2 inches long. He is shedding his lanugo and vernix, and he is getting closer to being able to breathe on his own outside of the womb. By the end of the week, David will be considered "early term", and is most likely trying to become engaged into the birth canal. {via and via}

Baby is a: boy!

Maternity clothing: Most are maternity, and those that are not barely keep my belly covered.

Sleep: Sleep is good lately. I've had an easy time going to sleep, but Jillian has been coughing a lot so I wake up about every 2 hours or so. Luckily, I can fall asleep in between. I still don't get to nap like I'd like to.

Movement: He has his quiet days, but he gets his kick counts done like a champ!

Cravings/Aversions: Main craving this week was Nutella. I have also been drinking hot chocolate at least twice a week for awhile now. No aversions lately.

Morning Sickness: I feel a little queasy for a bit every day, but I only take Zofran once a week. Hopefully I won't need to do more than that in the coming weeks.

Symptoms: Obvious baby bump, major heartburn almost every day, back pain, sore nipples, stretch marks, abs feeling crampy, nesting, gas/digestive issues, movement, out of breath feeling, peeing lots, light contractions, and tired.

Labor Signs: Braxton Hicks everyday, but nothing significant. They are starting to feel like what I got with Jillian the last 2 weeks or so. I'll be interested to see if they do a check at my appointment tomorrow, and if I have any progress.

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first: More exhaustion at this point, more weight gain, bad heartburn, inability to eat the same types of food I did with Jillian, slightly more painful movements, and I was burning hot all the time with Jillian, but I get cold really easily with David.

The best moment of this past week: Taking a few maternity pictures, cleaning/picking up the house, and having some family time :)

What I miss: Nothing at all!

I'm looking forward to: More fall weather, finishing up the stock pile/baby-to-do list, and meeting my son face to face soon!

Baby #1 & #2 Bump Comparison:
{Left: Jillian 2011 Right: Bébé Deux 2013}

David Bump Comparison:

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...