Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Bébé Deux Week 37 Update

Just for something fun, here's a website my friend Carrie found when she was pregnant last year ;)

Today's date: November 12, 2013 {Happy 11/12/13!}

How far along: 37 Weeks

Total weight gain: 27 pounds

Size and growth of baby: David is the size of a winter melon! He is about 6-1/3 pounds, and 19 inches long. He is considered early term now that full term has been moved to 39 weeks. He could be born any day now, but could use some more cooking time. David is shedding all the vernix and lanugo this week. The longer he is in the womb, the less vernix and lanugo will be present at birth. He is continuing to practice swallowing, breathing, blinking, and gaining weight for his big arrival! {via and via}

Baby is a: boy!

Maternity clothing: Just about everything is maternity, and those that are not barely keep my belly covered. At home, I wear whatever is clean at the time ;)

Sleep: Sleep is good, though I feel tired all the time. I want to be in bed by 8, and even with 9 hours of sleep I feel like I could sleep several more hours. Once I'm up and awake, I'm up. I pee once in the middle of the night, and then usually have to as soon as I wake up in the morning. It's relatively easy for me to get back to sleep though. I still don't get to nap like I'd like to.

Movement: He has his quiet days, but he gets his kick counts!

Cravings/Aversions: Main craving this week was Nutella. I'm craving Chinese, but I know it will give me horrible heartburn. I have also been drinking hot chocolate at least twice a week for awhile now. No aversions lately.

Morning Sickness: I feel a little queasy for a bit every day, but I only take Zofran once a week.

Symptoms: Obvious baby bump, major heartburn, back pain, sore nipples, stretch marks, cramps, nesting, gas, movement, out of breath feeling, peeing lots, light contractions, and tired.

Labor Signs: I had my 36 week appointment on Wednesday of last week. My Group B Strep was negative, and I was 1 cm dilated and about 50% effaced. I had my 37 week appointment yesterday, and I'm already 3 cm! Dr. P and I discussed induction, but after my cervical check she doesn't think I'll need it, even though I'm favorable for induction at this point. She said David could be my punctual baby since Jillian was late ;) Braxton Hicks everyday, but nothing significant. I do have back pain and a little light cramping, (like a period), that happens every day for the last few days. We'll see what happens!

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first: More exhaustion at this point, more weight gain, bad heartburn, inability to eat the same types of food I did with Jillian, slightly more painful movements, and temperature wise I was burning hot all the time with Jillian, but I get cold really easily with David.

The best moment of this past week: Having 2 good appointments, knocking down that to-do list, enjoying some time with Phil and Jillian, spending time with my friends at church, and making definite travel plans with my folks so they can hopefully be here for David's arrival.

What I miss: Nothing at all!

I'm looking forward to: More fall weather, finishing up the stock pile/baby-to-do list, my parents coming, and meeting my son face to face really soon!

Baby #1 & #2 Bump Comparison:
{Left: Jillian 2011 Right: Bébé Deux 2013}

David Bump Comparison:

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...