Sunday, December 8, 2013

1 Week: Round Deux

{Before I get to the main point of this post, I would like to ask for thoughts and prayers for Phil's family. His grandmother past away this morning. She has been sick for awhile, but it is never easy when death finally becomes a reality. She was Phil's last living grandparent, so that was a sobering thought for him to digest. Weather permitting, we're hoping to make it to the funeral later this week. Thank you!}

It's hard to believe that it has been 7 full days since I was in the hospital. David came so quickly that it took a few days for me to realize what exactly transpired that day. Of course, I wouldn't change any of it for the world because it brought me my ray of sunshine :)

I haven't weighed myself since my 39 week update, and I most likely won't take the number seriously until my 6 week postpartum check up. {I would say I won't weigh myself before that, but I'd be lying ;)} Once I get the all clear to resume life again at the check up, I will focus on how I want to go about losing the baby weight. Until then, here is my obligatory 1 week postpartum picture:

And for fun, I did a comparison of the last bump pictures I took :)

David is still doing well! He was a bit fussy this evening, but he is in need of a full dirty diaper if ya know what I mean ;) He is sleeping, and eating often. He may be getting ready for his first growth spurt! 

Jillian is also still adjusting quite well to David. She did get a little jealous when we went to church today. Her favorite nursery worker/babysitter E was holding David and apparently Jillian wrinkled up her face and called out this woman's name. How funny that it took that situation for her to really react! We have noticed that Jillian has been extra affectionate to everyone as of late. I think she just wants a little extra attention, which I don't blame her for. We're trying our best to spend a little one on one time with her every single day. Hopefully she'll continue to do well :)

I don't feel as sleep deprived as I did with Jillian 1 week postpartum, but it could just be because I was prepared. Phil has been quite the sport in terms of letting me take naps during the day.

Phil will be doing a modified work week this week, but then he'll be back to full time all the time the week following. I'm a little nervous, but I know it'll all work out and be okay. Plus, I've got friends and coffee to see me through ;)

Other than that, we're just chugging along! How was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...