Tuesday, December 17, 2013

I Survived My First Outing with Two

This morning, Jillian had her 2 year well appointment at the doctor. She is doing great, {still on the small side, but that's ok :)}, and she only got 1 shot. Except for the flu shot, she won't need another shot until she's 4! YAY! Knowing it wouldn't take long and David would sleep through most of it, I decided to go by myself.

I think you know where I'm going with this...

In all honesty, it went ok overall. Jillian did great with the doctor. She high-fived him, and was impressive with all the talking she did. The only crying occurred after she was injected with her shot. David was asleep, and I navigated pretty well :)

The issues I ran into:
1) Even with Phil helping me get organized and mostly ready before he left for work, I ran a little later than I hoped to. This would not have been a problem if I had found a parking spot easily. Unfortunately, after driving around 3 separate lots, I finally broke down and did valet so I wouldn't be super late to the appointment. Using valet caused problem number...

2) I didn't have any cash whatsoever to tip valet with. Phil told me it would be ok if I didn't tip them, but I felt too guilty. Not only is it the holidays, but the valets were very helpful and patient while I got all the kids out of the car. I felt they deserved a tip!

3) I'm not familiar with the building enough to know where an ATM would be so I could tip. After wandering around a bit, I finally asked a volunteer. Another elevator ride and a stroll down a very long hallway finally brought us to an ATM. The walk would not have been so bad if I could have used my double stroller. Unfortunately...

4) The double stroller we picked, and received as a gift, does not actually work for our infant seat. I did all this research and apparently didn't realize this would be an issue. Mostly because, the company didn't outright say it would not work with our specific seat. With that in mind, I had to use the single stroller with Jillian walking beside me...

5) Have you learned anything from my posts about my daughter? She does ok, but getting her to go at a steady pace in the direction you want to go is as easy as herding cats made out of jell-o using a feather.

6) Once I got to the ATM, I could only withdraw $20. Because of this, I had to stop in a Starbucks cafe inside the hospital to get change made. {Honestly, that second part was not such a bad thing ;)}

Like I said, if I look at from a general perspective, it was actually a good and successful trip. It was stressful at the time, but I mostly kept my cool and we all made it home safe and sound :) I guess there is hope for me as a mom of two after all! {Phil says "It can't get any worse!" Thanks for the support honey :)}
{Jillian with her cookies, and mama with her coffee :)}
{Sweet David sleeping sounding} 

{Once we were home, Jillian wanted to watch Yo Gabba Gabba. After getting a shot, I felt she deserved it!} 

{I let David play with the activity mat for the first time today} 

{Oh hi, little tomato!}
{He was obviously quite impressed ;)} 

And a bonus picture from yesterday...
{Sweet boy and a mama who doesn't match. This is another reason why I don't go out in public often HAHA}

1 comment:

  1. I'm not planning on going out alone with two anytime soon. :) I use valet at my doctors an we are not allowed to tip. There is a sign telling us so. But hey, you got Starbucks. :)

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...