Thursday, January 9, 2014

2014 Word and Verse

While my word and verse for 2013 didn't end up being as fruitful as I wanted, I am very hopeful for this year. This is my fourth year to pick a word and verse for the year. You can look back at my previous words/verses for 2011, 2012, and 2013.

"Treasure"

This year, my word is two-fold. First and foremost, the literal translation for this would be about not worrying about material things. I am hoping to simplify several areas in my life. The most important thought behind this is making sure where my motivation comes from. Is it working towards a stronger relationship with God? Is it beneficial to my spiritual health? If the answer to either of those is no, then I'm not doing it right!

Secondly, I want to think of this word in terms of cherishing my current season in life. Is it perfect? Absolutely not. However, some of the imperfections are the parts I will miss most. I think it started with our family photo from Christmas Day. I could have been upset that we were not all looking at the camera, I have a triple chin, and Jillian obviously wants to be anywhere else! However, it made me smile. The kids will be teenagers before I know it, and I'll be thinking fondly back on the days that I could hold them both in my lap while my heart bursts. I also found a pin from awhile back that made me really consider the word "treasure"



If I'm treasuring my loved ones, they will feel love and I will feel loved by them!

"Gather together riches in heaven where they will not be eaten by bugs or become rusted. Men cannot break in and steal them. For wherever your riches are, your heart will be there also." Matthew 6:20-21 NLV {via}

Here's to a year of remembering where my treasures lie!

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...