Thursday, January 5, 2012

Hopes for 2012

I went ahead and decided to have a few goals for the year, as well as another word/scripture. I will be honest about the word/scripture from 2011. It started off really well and tapered off a good bit while I focused on my pregnancy. However, during times I was really worried/nervous, I remembered my word and said a little prayer. Even though I wasn't 100% focused on the word of the year, it was a great reminder when I needed it. I'm hoping to be a little more reliant on it in 2012, but we shall see :)

First and foremost, here are some of my goals for the year:
  • Get back under 200 pounds by my half birthday - September 26th
  • Watch every movie we own in alphabetical order so I can say I've seen them all at least once
  • Read 4 classic books - one for every season. The books are "Little Women", "Sense and Sensibility", "Great Expectations" and "Uncle Tom's Cabin".
  • Build savings account back to where Phil and I are comfortable
  • Have a date night with Phil every other month

And for the word of the year... obey.

Now this may seem like a strange pick, especially if you know me personally. I don't like being told what to do at all. However, I feel it is important to trust and obey God because he obviously knows what he's doing. He proved that to me time and again in 2011 :) As I said before, Phil and I have and will be making some big decisions in the next few weeks that are going to change how we live and where we are now in different aspects of our lives and as a family. Since I second guess every decision I make, and feel massive amounts of guilt no matter what I decide, I think "obey" is a great word for me. Despite how I feel, I need to obey what God is calling me and my family to do. Everything else will fall into place. And the verse that goes with my word...

"So if you faithfully obey the commands I am giving you today - to love the Lord your God and serve him with all your heart and all your soul - then I will send rain on your land in its season, both autumn and spring rains, so that you may gather in your grain, new wine and olive oil" Deuteronomy 11:13-14 NIV {via}

And now a little eye candy for you, because I can :)
Love these little feet!
(And yes, my tree is still up until tomorrow for Epiphany

Knowing she'll grow out of these newborn clothes soon, I thought I'd dress her up in the outfit my brother picked for her :) 

Closest thing I can get to a smile on camera for now
Happy Thursday!

1 comment:

  1. OMG She is toooo precious! What a sweet little girl!

    I'm sure whatever decision you have to make will be for the best! You have a great hubby by your side so y'all will get through anything!

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...