Sunday, January 8, 2017

Coming Clean

I usually take a bit of a social media break during the holiday. This is especially true if my folks are in town so I can soak up as many memories as I can. In fact, I don't take many pictures either.

This year was a little different for two reasons.

1) David and Lottie got sick right after Christmas. They both had double ear infections on top of a viral bronchial thing that Jillian had the week before. Lots of coughs, running noses, some vomiting... you know, all the fun stuff. Thankfully, my folks were understanding and VERY helpful. However, I didn't feel like sharing about all that mess on social media.

2) This happened.
Nope, your eyes are not playing tricks on you, that is a positive pregnancy test.

You see, I got really sick a few days after Jillian's birthday. I'm talking, I did not want to leave bed, and begged Phil to stay home from work, (which he couldn't). After 2 full days, Phil asked if I had gotten my period again. I've only had 2 since I stopped pumping, and my last cycle was only 22 days. When I told him no, he suggested I take a test. I told him I would wait until Saturday to try because I was SURE my period would be coming.


I got a test Saturday morning, (12/17), did my thing, and the positive came up as soon as the sample went across the result window. That was the darkest test I've ever taken.

To say I was shocked would be an understatement.

I was scared.

I felt incredibly guilty.

I was worried.

I was excited, (to a point because I worried it might be ectopic).

I felt like I was going to faint.

I'm at a point now where I'm so excited, and I know this will be my final pregnancy so I'm soaking it all in. It just took both Phil and I a few days to get there.

I couldn't believe this was happening SO soon after Lottie.

I was worried about the baby being ok. I was worried about my blood pressure. I was worried about my family. I was worried about Phil's family. I was worried about Lottie. I could not STOP worrying about everything!!

When we finally told our families, they were pretty shocked, (I don't blame them!). However, I think in the end, we're all happy and excited, (at least a little bit). If nothing else, I definitely feel support from everyone we've told thus far :)

We got an ultrasound and blood tests within a week. Everything looked good, and baby had a heart rate of 130 bpm. I had another appointment this past Thursday, and got to see baby one more time. Baby is still small, but had a heart rate of 184 bpm! Everything is looking good so far.

So, here we go. It's Baby C: Final Fourth! Coming August 10, 2017 💗

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...