Thursday, February 2, 2017

Baby C: Final Fourth Week 13 Update

I finally got to meet my new OB/GYN today! She's really nice, and I know she'll take good care of me :) 

Today's date: February 2, 2017

How far along: 13 Weeks - YAY 2nd trimester! (or last week of the 1st... whichever you go by!)

Total weight gain: I am 8.5 pounds under my pre-pregnancy weight.

Size and growth of baby: Final Fourth is the size of a peach or a clownfish! The vocal chords are forming, and the intestines are moving from the umbilical chord to bébé's tummy. They also have fingerprints! {via}

Baby is a: baby for now. We should find out in about 6 weeks!

Maternity clothing: I wear maternity pants all the time, shirts part of the time, and sweatpants the rest of the time! I'm wearing lots of sweaters and jackets because I'm just so cold, even when it's nice outside.

Sleep: I have not been able to go to sleep before midnight, even if I'm exhausted. This obviously does not mesh well with our schedule/lifestyle :-/ I may need to start doing some Sleepytime tea before bed.

Movement: I think I've felt a flutter or two, but nothing huge yet. I did get to see baby today on ultrasound and they moved all over the place!

Cravings/Aversions: Cravings are Chai Tea Lattes with Soy, salad with ranch, spicy food, sweet tea, and chicken quesadillas. Aversions are the same - no fish, no cooking meat, no lime juice, no raw onions, no mustard, no root beer, and no hamburger meat.

Morning Sickness: I had a rough weekend, (which included throwing up once, and gagging several times), but am doing better now. Hopefully it'll go away soon.

Symptoms: A little heartburn, some nausea, gassy, cranky, peeing a fair amount, and tired.

Labor Signs: None

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first three: My gag reflex is very sensitive, my sense of smell is heightened, (but not overwhelmingly so), and I feel much more irritable this time.

The best moment of this past week: Seeing baby on the ultrasound and watching them move all around :) Even without a picture to take home, I am so glad I have the mental picture!

What I miss: Nothing at all!

I'm looking forward to: Finding out the gender of my niece or nephew this week, feeling better with food, and visiting my folks in the next few months!
Now to compare pictures :)
{Left: Jillian 2011 Middle Left: David 2013} 
{
Middle Right: Lottie 2016 Right: Lexie 2017}

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...