Thursday, April 20, 2017

Baby C: Final Fourth Week 24 Update


Today's date: April 20, 2016

How far along: 24 Weeks - first official viability milestone! :)

Total weight gain: I'm at 2 pounds gained.

Size and growth of baby: Final Fourth is the size of a cantaloupe, ear of corn, or demi baguette! She is around 1 1/2 pounds, and a full foot long. Although she is pretty lean right now, Lexie's body is building up proportionally and will continue to plump up over the next 16 weeks! Final Fourth's lungs are growing "branches" as well as a substance that will help the air sacs inflate when she is out in the world. Her skin is still thin and translucent, but that will be changing soon. {via & via}

Baby is a: girl!

Maternity clothing: All day, err day. Some of my clothes are starting to wear down a little. Come on, I just need 15 more weeks!

Sleep: Nightmares are fewer, but still not getting restful sleep :(

Movement: She is moving a few times every day. I have to remind myself to not do any kick counts right now because Lexie is still too small for that. Luckily, she's been pretty good this week about kicking around the time I start to worry.

Cravings/Aversions: Mostly strawberries, but otherwise no real cravings. Aversions are still the smell of raw meat, cooking meat in a crockpot, and anything that smells/sounds bad at the time.

Morning Sickness: None!

Symptoms: Heartburn most days, sore breasts, dizziness, a few headaches, gassy, cranky, peeing a fair amount, round ligament pain, and exhausted.

Labor Signs: None

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first three: Minus a few minor details, it's pretty much the same.

The best moment of this past week: Hearing Lexie's heartbeat, finding out her ultrasound scans, (particularly her heart), look great, and getting some much needed advice.

What I miss: Nothing at all :)

I'm looking forward to: SIL's baby shower, getting a storm shelter, and getting baby prep done!
Now to compare pregnancy bumps :)

{Left: Jillian 2011 Middle Left: David 2013} 
{
Middle Right: Lottie 2016 Right: Lexie 2017}

Lexie Bump Comparison:

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...