Thursday, April 13, 2017

Baby C: Final Fourth Week 23 Update


We're in the middle of Holy Week, and even though we're not as busy as we've been in the past, I'm already tired! This will be a combination of Lottie's 1st Easter, and our only Easter as a family of 5! I'm going to get Easter basket supplies, and have a feeling I'll be going overboard a bit. Can't help it ;)

Today's date: April 13, 2017

How far along: 23 Weeks

Total weight gain: I'm right around my prepregnancy weight. My scale needs a new battery though, so I'm not so sure if it's 100% accurate.

Size and growth of baby: Final Fourth is the size of a grapefruit, a Barbie doll, or Buche de Noel! She is a little over a pound, and about 12 inches long this week. Ears are fully functioning, and loud noises may even startle them! Final Fourth is also swallowing so that she can practice breathing, which may cause hiccups soon. {via}

Baby is a: girl! Lexie Grace <3

Maternity clothing: All day, err day.

Sleep: Nightmares are getting fewer, but still not resting well. I'm feeling borderline narcoleptic lately. I'm wanting to nest, but have zero energy to do it.

Movement: She is kicking and squirming every day now! She has a quiet day here and there, but she always moves for daddy at bedtime :)

Cravings/Aversions: No real cravings this week. Aversions are still the smell of raw meat, cooking meat in a crockpot, and anything that smells/sounds bad at the time.

Morning Sickness: None!

Symptoms: Heartburn most days, sore breasts, dizziness, a few headaches, gassy, cranky, peeing a fair amount, round ligament pain, and exhausted.

Labor Signs: None

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first three: Aside from not being on Metformin or Zofran, taking low dose Zoloft, and also not having a low-lying placenta or spotting, it really is not much different. It's a mix of all kinds of symptoms, and I just feel like my normal pregnant self.

The best moment of this past week: Going to an egg hunt at our old church, and remembering it was my turn for snack at preschool! HAHA

What I miss: Nothing at all :)

I'm looking forward to: Easter, my SIL's baby shower, getting a storm shelter, and getting baby prep done!
Now to compare pregnancy bumps :)
{Left: Jillian 2011 Middle Left: David 2013} 
{
Middle Right: Lottie 2016 Right: Lexie 2017}

Lexie Bump Comparison:

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...