Saturday, October 22, 2011

Bébé Week 33 Update


Today's date: October 22, 2011

How far along: 33 weeks!

Total weight gain: I gained 4ish this week (whoops!), but that brings me to about 10 pounds total.

Size and growth of the baby: 
Jill is now the size of a pineapple (nearly 19" long)  and weighs about 4 1/2 pounds! Her bones are starting to harden and she is losing those wrinkles as she continues to gain weight. Jill is also keeping her eyes open when she is awake. She is learning to coordinate breathing with sucking and swallowing, which is a good thing for her to know. She is functioning like a newborn in the womb so she is just practicing for her big debut.  {per}

Sex: Girl!

Maternity clothes: Only a few shirts and 1 dress are not maternity.

Sleep: Sleeping pretty good right now. I either sleep through the night or wake up 2 times to use the bathroom - no inbetween. I have been getting cramps in my calves more frequently starting this week. I can usually stretch it out ok, but it's painful at first.

Best moment(s) of the week: Having my sweet baby shower at church this afternoon and Phil bonding with Jill a little more by resting his head on my belly before bed :)

Movement: She is moving all the time and I love it! Though the few times I've tried to catch it on video, she immediately stops. What a little booger ;)

Food cravings/aversions: No major aversions, aside from no desire to be near seafood. As far as cravings go, Trix cereal, the volcano taco at Taco Bell, and Mediterranean food (specifically a lamb meatball recipe we've had a few times that's super yummy and tabouli salad).

Morning sickness: I have to take Zofran once a day to keep food down. I may get a little queasy throughout the day, but it's nowhere near where it was in the first trimester.

Symptoms: Obvious baby bump, peeing constantly, lots of stretch marks, lower abdomen pressure, baby kicks, some pelvic pain, heartburn/acid, light Braxton Hicks, a little queasiness, and gassy.

Labor signs: None

Belly button in or out: In, but it just might pop out by the end of this journey

What I miss: Not a whole heck of a lot :)

What I'm looking forward to: My parents coming for Thanksgiving, my final work day (November 11th!), and my baby coming into the world!

Here are weeks 13, 23, and this week.

I am very spoiled. I essentially had two baby showers today.

The first one was a baby shower by mail! My mama's sisters live pretty far apart, so they all chipped in money and sent a few packages for a baby shower by mail. I actually received one item early, and it was our Pack N' Play! It was delivered on Tuesday to our apartment office, but I was told about it by my mom yesterday. After work, Phil and I picked it up and took the time to assemble and break it down so we could figure it all out. It was a lot wider than I thought it would be so we don't really have a place for it to be set up all the time. Thankfully, with the bassinet, Jill will have a place to sleep. Then I got the other packages this morning. It contained all kinds of goodies!
{Item via}
 I'm very thankful to my aunts and grandma for my special baby shower :) I also got something in the mail that I ordered myself. 
{Outfit via}
This will be Jill's Christmas Day outfit and I can't wait to dress her up!

I had a small shower at church this afternoon. The women are just very sweet and I felt very blessed. I don't have pictures of the shower itself, but I do have a photo of one of the sweet outfits Jill got. 

We don't have many bottles after today, so we may end up buying those later. However, we got some many useful items and cute clothes that I can't help but be thankful :)

Oh and my Pokes and Razorbacks both won today! Today has definitely been an awesome day. Hope you're having a great weekend too.

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...