Thursday, July 6, 2017

Baby C: Final Fourth Week 35 Update


Phil left early this morning for a business trip to Germany. I'm praying his travels go well, his presentation goes well, and that he returns safe and sound :) My mom will get in later today to help me with the children until he returns. I'm SO thankful for the help, and I'm beyond excited to see her! 

Also, my niece was born early on the 3rd!! She is just precious, and totally worth the wait. Aunt Nene is going to help spoil her rotten :)

I have a weird rash that started on my arm, and now it's on parts of my belly. Not sure exactly what it is, but it itches like crazy. I'm showing my doctor at my appointment tomorrow. I just want the itching to stop!! On the mission trip, just my right foot, (not even my ankle!), would swell up during the day. I wore compression socks, but it only helped a bit. It has gotten much better since being home. I'm sure it was just water retention since TN is so humid right now.

Today's date: July 6, 2017

How far along: 35 Weeks

Total weight gain: 16.5 pounds. I lost a little between my digestive issues, and retaining less water after the mission trip.

Size and growth of baby: Final Fourth is the size of a honeydew melon, or two clafoutis! She is around 5-1/4 pounds, and over 18 inches long. Final Fourth is running out of room in there, but still moves around frequently. She is just about done with developing, and is focusing on gaining weight {via and via}

Baby is a: girl!

Maternity clothing: Hanging in there a little longer. I did find a great deal on a nursing top that I can wear now, and I LOVE it! The fabric is so soft, and I'm looking forward to wearing it :)

Sleep: I'm not fully recovered from sleep on my mission trip, so this is a tough area. However, with Phil out of town, my mom told me I'll be taking daily naps :) I have been able to take a few short naps here and there, which have helped tremendously! Plus, it's been so hot I almost need a nap in front of a fan to get through the day.

Movement: Downright painful at times, but she moves every day throughout the day! Gets her kick counts just fine, and seems to be head down? I'm not entirely sure, but I'm hoping she is. 

Cravings/Aversions: Main cravings were Caesar salad, and cheesecake. We had Caesar salad for dinner shortly after I returned from the mission trip, and it was just delicious! I've wanted some every day since then! Aversions are still anything that smells/sounds bad at the time.

Morning Sickness: I'm getting sick to my stomach if I eat too much sugar, and I took a Zofran the other night, but it didn't help because my main issue that night was GI related :( I've been a little scared of food since*. Also, anything can give me heartburn for no reason beyond my organs being squished.

Symptoms: Heartburn, obvious baby bump, emotional, pelvic pressure, sore breasts, leaking colostrum, baby movement, BH, nesting, gassy, lower back pain, cranky, GI issues, peeing a fair amount, round ligament pain, and exhausted.

Labor Signs: BH here and there that are intensifying. Nothing major to report yet.

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first three: I'm consistently leaking this time, which makes me hopeful for nursing. Also, I'm hitting my pregnancy wall a little earlier than I usually do. I'm sure it has to do with the fact that I just did this a year ago! My poor body :( Also, I'll find out tomorrow what the rash is. I'll be interested to see if it's bites or PUPP.

The best moment of this past week: Meeting my niece!!

What I miss: Phil :(

I'm looking forward to: My mom arriving to help, Phil returning safely from his trip, and finishing up my to-do list!
Now to compare pregnancy bumps :)

{Left: Jillian 2011 Middle Left: David 2013} 
{
Middle Right: Lottie 2016 Right: Lexie 2017}

Lexie Bump Comparison:

*In full disclosure, I'm having some food issues. Not only is it hard to eat when you can get heartburn/nausea at any point, but also because of the number on my scale. I started this pregnancy at my heaviest, and now I'm the heaviest weight I've ever been in my life. I still have 4 weeks to go, and I know Lexie needs the nutrients to continue growing for D Day. However, it's been hard to reconcile all this in my mind. I've had so many struggles with weight and body issues, that it's really hard to just turn that off. But don't worry, I'm still eating as best I can. {My GI issues made it hard for a few days, but I'm better now!} I'm doing this for Lexie! Honestly, I may have already started thinking about how I want to go about getting back in shape after birth. Don't worry! I don't have hard time lines, nor am I going full force from the get go. Phil has read and approved my idea, so I promise I'm being physically and mentally healthy about it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...