Thursday, July 20, 2017

Baby C: Final Fourth Week 37 Update


Had a good doctor appointment this morning! I didn't get checked, but I did tell her we have decided to go ahead and induce even though she'll be out of town. She has to see who's available, and if there's room in the hospital, so I don't have a date yet. I just know it'll be soon!

Also, I got the sibling shirts I wanted for the kiddos. I can't WAIT to show y'all! I think they're hilarious and cute :)

Otherwise, my poison ivy is looking more like dried skin patches, and the itchiness is only at about 15%. I'm putting on moisturizer as much as I can. Also, my doctor told me that, as long as there's no redness or swelling, more swelling in one foot can just be how the baby is positioned.

Today's date: July 20, 2016

How far along: 37 Weeks

Total weight gain: 21 pounds

Size and growth of baby: Final Fourth is the size of a winter melon, a tackle box, or a tray of madeleine cookies! She is about 6-1/3 pounds, and 19 inches long. She is considered early term now that full term has been moved to 39 weeks. Lexie could be born any day now, but could use some more cooking time. She is continuing to practice swallowing, breathing, blinking, and gaining weight for her big arrival! {via and via}

Baby is a: girl! Lexie Grace

Maternity clothing: I don't have maternity pjs, but that doesn't really matter because I wear oversized pjs anyways. Otherwise, everything I'm wearing is either maternity, or XXL. 

Sleep: Sleeping better than last week, but I'm exhausted all the time. I did have one night where Lottie woke up at 4:30 am, and I never did go back to sleep. Other than that, pretty typical for the end of pregnancy.

Movement: Lexie is moving just fine! Sometimes, she moves in a painful way while I'm driving, and that's rough. You can't really shift much when you're in the driver's seat of a car in motion. In terms of movement for me? I'm getting slower every single day. My left hip in particular makes it difficult to move much. Feeling like a beached whale lately.

Cravings/Aversions: Main cravings were fresh fruit, homemade stir fry (because it's less greasy), cheesecake, and Oreos with peanut butter. Aversions are mostly anything that sounds bad at the time, (which is most food, I'm just not hungry lately), anything greasy, and anything that makes me nauseous.

Morning Sickness: Some nausea here and there, but nothing major. I haven't even taken anything to help, so it's very mild.

Symptoms: Acid reflux any time of day, painful movements, light contractions, lower back pain, loss of appetite, GI issues, out of breath, tired, nesting, itchy spots/poison ivy patches on skin, leaking colostrum a little, inability to bend forward, big baby bump, gassy, easily irritated, emotional mess, sore breasts, peeing lots, swelling in feet (though mostly the right side), dried nose/bloody nose, and belly pain

Labor Signs: More pelvic pressure and pain, and some light, yet irregular contractions. I have not had a check yet, so I'm not sure if or how much I am dialated or effaced.

Belly button in or out: In, and that's how it should stay.

How this pregnancy is different than the first three: Except for this being my final one, and I'm trying to enjoy it as I can, everything is pretty similar :)

The best moment of this past week: Phil getting home, making a plan for this weekend to finish up the baby to-do list, and getting an invitation for my friend's baby shower at the end of the month!

What I miss: Being cold ;)

I'm looking forward to: Getting stuff done, and hearing when my induction date will be!
Now to compare pregnancy bumps :)

{Left: Jillian 2011 Middle Left: David 2013} 
{
Middle Right: Lottie 2016 Right: Lexie 2017}

Lexie Bump Comparison:

1 comment:

  1. Can't wait for baby girl to make her appearance. Praying for you all in the coming weeks!

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...