Thursday, July 13, 2017

Baby C: Final Fourth Week 36 Update

{Edit 7/19:: So, I just realized this never posted! Ooops! Here ya go!}

Phil is in Germany, and my mom is here to help with the babes. I'm so so thankful she was able to come! I feel like I would have survived, but would have ended up very emotional by the time Phil would get home. He'll be home late late tomorrow, and I can't wait to have him home!

I will say that we're going to have to really buckle down and do our baby to-do list. We're only about 46% prepared, so I want to be a little more on top of things once Phil's home.

I had a good appointment with my doctor today in terms of how Lexie is doing. My blood pressure is still good, which is a surprise after Lottie, but definitely a blessing! However, I did find out that my doctor will be out of town when I was hoping to be induced. Now, Phil and I have to decide what we want to do. *sigh*

Finally, my doctor did confirm what is on my arms is poison ivy. It's still there, and driving me nuts! If memory serves, this is the first time I've really ever had it. I can see why most people just avoid it at all costs! I'm thankful that I can't pass it on to the kids though. That was one thing I was worried about. I'm just praying it clears before Lexie gets here. It's being awfully slow to heal up.

Today's date: July 13, 2017

How far along: 36 Weeks

Total weight gain: 19 pounds

Size and growth of baby: Final Fourth is the size of a head of romaine lettuce, a papaya, a Cabbage Patch Doll, or two plates of beignets! She is around 6 pounds, and about 19 inches long, (or whatever she will be at birth.) Final Fourth is shedding lanugo and vernix, and is getting closer to being able to breathe on her own outside of the womb. By the end of the week, she will be considered "early term", and is most likely trying to become engaged into the birth canal. {via and via}

Baby is a: girl!

Maternity clothing: Even my large maternity clothes are getting snug. Almost there! Still feeling a bit down on myself, but hoping that'll go away once Lexie is born.

Sleep: I'm not sleeping well right now. Part of it is Phil is out of town, and the other part is just not being tired until late, then having to wake early with the kiddos.

Movement: Lexie is a feisty little one! Except for one day, she gets her daily kick count in under 10 minutes. Some of her movements are painful, and she's been dipping more into my pelvis. This causes my hips to freeze up, and to have much more pelvic pressure. Most of her movements are more rolling and pushing than kickings. Shows how little room she has in there!

Cravings/Aversions: Main cravings were fresh fruit, chocolate, and Coca Cola. I went grocery shopping for the week, and may have impulse bought LOTS of fruit! Aversions are mostly anything that smells/sounds bad at the time.

Morning Sickness: I feel some nausea from time to time, but nothing major.

Symptoms: Heartburn, obvious baby bump, emotional, pelvic pressure, sore breasts, leaking colostrum, baby movement, BH/light contractions, nesting, gassy, lower back pain, cranky, GI issues, peeing a fair amount, round ligament pain, and exhausted.

Labor Signs: A few contractions here and there, and more pelvic pressure. I'll be interested to hear where I'm at if I'm checked next week!

Belly button in or out: In - never did pop out for any of my 4 pregnancies!

How this pregnancy is different than the first three: At the end, they've all been the same.

The best moment of this past week: My mom making it safely here, Phil making it to Berlin and having a good conference so far, a good dentist appointment for the kids, and a good appointment at my doctor's office today.

What I miss: Just Phil :)

I'm looking forward to: Phil getting home, figuring out our birth plan, and having Lexie earthside soon!
Now to compare pregnancy bumps :)

{Left: Jillian 2011 Middle Left: David 2013} 
{
Middle Right: Lottie 2016 Right: Lexie 2017}

Lexie Bump Comparison:

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...