Thursday, July 27, 2017

Baby C: Final Fourth Week 38 Update


Here it is, y'all. I hit my pregnancy wall early in the week, and I am done done done. I'm over the nausea, heartburn, hip pain, pelvic pressure, contractions, etc. I want Lexie here, and safe in my arms, and I want to move on to the next phase of life with our complete family.

Thankfully, I have an induction date of 8/3! I have 7 more days until we get to meet sweet baby Lexie. I really really hope and pray she doesn't come early, just because I'm afraid of Phil having to be in the waiting area with the three kids while I give birth down the hall. Any thoughts and prayers for a smooth and easy labor and delivery, and for her to not come before the induction, would be greatly appreciated :)

Also, I had an appointment yesterday with a Lactation Consultant. Overall, it went really well, and I am hopeful that I'll be able to nurse. Whether I'll need to pump too or not, we'll have to see. I'm just thankful for a hospital with access to a LC when I need it.

Today's date: July 27, 2017

How far along: 38 Weeks

Total weight gain: 24 pounds

Size and growth of baby: Final Fourth is the size of a pumpkin, a spaghetti squash, a leek, or a half baking sheet of meringues! She is about 6-1/2 to 6-2/3 pounds, and 20 inches long, (or whatever her length at birth will be). Final Fourth has a firm grip, and all of her organs are fully developed for life outside the womb. Final Fourth should have some hair, and is getting into position for birth! {via and via}


Baby is a: girl!


Maternity clothing: Yes, though barely anything covers this buddha bellah of mine.

Sleep: I'm getting enough time for sleep, but I'm still exhausted. My body knows the end is near, and I'm borderline narcoleptic again. I'm at least closing my eyes as often as I can.

Movement: I'm definitely noticing patterns in her movements/sleeping periods, but she always gets a kick count with no trouble at all :)

Cravings/Aversions: Main cravings were cheesecake, and anything cold. Aversions are mostly greasy food.

Morning Sickness: Nausea at the end of the day/when I wake up in the middle of the night to pee. It doesn't matter what I do or eat, I will have nausea and heartburn every single night.

Symptoms: Acid reflux any time of day, painful movements, light contractions, lower back pain, loss of appetite, GI issues, out of breath, tired, nesting, itchy spots/poison ivy patches on skin, leaking colostrum a little, inability to bend forward, big baby bump, gassy, easily irritated, emotional mess, sore breasts, peeing lots, swelling in feet (though mostly the right side), dried nose/bloody nose, and belly pain

Labor Signs: I have about 5-6 real contractions in a day. I know they're not true labor, but they certainly hurt. I was finally checked today, and my doctor said I was only at 1 cm and thick. I'm SO confused by this simply because of the contractions I have felt. Plus, the only other time I was only at a 1 at this point was Jillian. Oy. Stubborn Baby Alert!

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first three: With 7 days to go, the only thing going on that I didn't have before is leaking colostrum. Otherwise, it's incredibly similar.

The best moment of this past week: Getting an induction date, having a good appointment with the LC, and making it to 38 weeks.

What I miss: Nothing at all :)

I'm looking forward to: Finishing our to-do list, making it to the induction date, 1 last playdate with friends, and celebrating Lottie's 1st birthday on Tuesday!
Now to compare pregnancy bumps :)

{Left: Jillian 2011 Middle Left: David 2013} 
{
Middle Right: Lottie 2016 Right: Lexie 2017}

Lexie Bump Comparison:

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...