Thursday, February 10, 2011

Love Is In The Air...


{via}

I had quite an interesting morning.

The snow from the most recent storm is very dry - what I find similar to Colorado snow. Although it's crunchy and easy to melt, there was still a small layer of ice underneath the fresh layer of snow. I left the apartment this morning, going a slow speed. Well, after turning left, the car in front of me suddenly slid sideways and crossed the opposite side of the road into the parking lot of a local karate club. Luckily no one was coming when she crossed the street, and I was far enough behind her that I didn't T-bone the car. After she slid, I slowed down to about 20 mph, (I was going maybe 30 at the time), and then people started to pass me. Now the reason I was getting more anxious and upset about the entire situation was because the roads had not been plowed what so ever. I gripped my steering wheel tighter and decided to make the round-about trip back to the apartment complex. It took me nearly 20 minutes to go 3 miles back to the parking lot. I concentrated as hard as I could at the task at hand. However, as soon as I put the car in park, the adrenaline kicked in. The moment I walked through the door of our apartment, I started bawling my eyes out. Then, when Phil offered to drive me to work, I got hysterical. I'm usually not that bad, but the idea of going back out there just really upset me. Once I calmed down, I called work and they said it was ok if I stayed home today. I am not proud of the fact that I gave up, but watching that woman slide in front of me just really freaked me out. I couldn't help imagining myself sliding into the oncoming traffic and it scared every fiber of my being. Phil did go on an errand this afternoon and said the roads were much better. If the traffic report in the morning says the roads are slick again, Phil has volunteered to drive me to work... slowly :)

Now onto something more happy/exciting/fun/any of adjective you can think of that's the opposite of that last story!


This Weekend Thursday
With Valentine's Day being on Monday, Phil and I decided to celebrate on Saturday! We've already exchanged gifts, (that's another story entirely HAHA), but I wanted to do something special.

Tomorrow night, Phil and I are going to see "Much Ado About Nothing"! It's my favorite Shakespearean play :) Plus, we had tickets for Thursday of last week, but due to the weather, the cast had not had a dress rehearsal and chose to cancel their opening performance. No matter, we got to switch performances very easily.

I'm also picking up some Challah bread tomorrow so we can make some French Toast on Saturday morning. I will be honest, I'm not a huge fan of French Toast. However, I know it's one of Phil's favorites. Plus, I just got my new Rachael Ray magazine with a recipe for French Toast with Espresso Cream! It sounds so good! For dinner, I'm making a dinner consisting of this, this, this, and of course, this.

Sunday will be fairly typical with church and relaxing. Since our PBS series finished, we've starting enjoying Martinis and How I Met Your Mother. It still works well :) I tried suggesting Sex and the City, but Phil seemed apprehensive. Hmmm... why is that?! LOL
I will also be making some cookies for my co-workers!

With Monday being Valentine's Day, we're going to see this movie and I'm super excited!! I know it'll be cute/good.

And those are my plans for Valentine's Day/the weekend. What are yours?

Peace to you,

3 comments:

  1. Scary driving :( sorry! That sucks... And OK definitely does a BAD job keeping the roads in good condition during bad weather. Boo!

    Sounds like a fun weekend! We don't have any V-day specific plans, but are going to my boss's kid's birthday party (he's turning 5, I hear there will be a bounce-house & I'm stoked!) and we may try to hit a doxie meetup if we have time. I also may try to do a weight watchers meeting Sat morning. I've really gotta join up with that again.

    Have fun! Miss you! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just got a job at Papa John's as a delivery driver, so I'll be delivering pizzas this weekend, maybe even Monday as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hehehe! Gnomeo and Juliet looks hilarious! :D

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...