Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Beauty I've Always Missed...


{via}

Here in Oklahoma, we have had a few beautiful days of late spring weather. I even got to wear some sandals to work on Thursday of last week! However, we're going through a cool front right now before turning back into highs in the 60's and 70's.

In honor of the weather/my desire for it to be warm again, I present you with...

Shoesday: Sandal Edition!*

Price: $95

I'm not sure if I've ever mentioned this before, but I spent summer 2006 working a wonderful job. I was a staff member at the summer church camp I attended all through junior high. I would have gone in high school, but my dating life seemed more important, (silly me!). Several of the other staff members owned a pair of Chacos and just raved about them. Ever since then, I've wanted to get my own pair. These look like a great pair and they are part of the "Best Sellers" category. If you're an outdoorsy type, especially during the summer months, I would definitely recommend these!

Price: $19.99

I've always liked the look of beaded sandals, but I'm always too cautious to buy them. I worry that the beads will slowly fall out and make the sandal look silly by the end of the summer. Being a lover of all things Tarzjay, I would be happy to test these beauties out. Plus, turquoise is one of my favorite colors :)

Price: $50

I will be the first to admit that I've never really been a fan of the gladiator shoe trend. It's been around a while now and I'm still pretty set on not purchasing any shoes in that style. It's just personal taste. However, when I saw these shoes, I may be willing to reconsider! I think they're super cute and would give them a try. I'm not thrilled about the zipper on the heel, so if you have a pair that has that, let me know what you think!

Price: $40

I have some sandals similar to this style that I purchased last year from Target. I do like the ones I have, but the shoe is completely flat so it makes my feet ache if I'm on them too long. I like how there is a slight heel to this shoe and I have a feeling they'd be comfortable, even if I'm on my feet for a while.

Price: $45

These look super cute and I think they'd go well with a nicer outfit for an outdoor summer wedding or something similar. Plus, I'm a sucker for anything with "bling" on it ;)

And who can forget those wonderful staples known as...
Price: $3.50 (or $2.50 when you buy 2 or more!)
Price: $7.50

I could practically live in Old Navy Flip-Flops! I just love flip-flops in general and Old Navy has always made pairs that can last through summer and beyond. I have noticed that they've been making them with these little dots on the flip-flops which really don't alter the feel of the flip-flops, but I do find it kind of strange. I had no idea they made wedges now either! I thought that was pretty cool.

Peace to you,


*I do want to make it clear that I am in no way getting any type of support from any of the companies I mention when every I do Shoesday, or list any other type of items. I just post the things I like and link back to them. My opinion on these shoes are in no way swayed by any company now or ever.

4 comments:

  1. I really like some of those Aldo shoes! Especially the black ones. Where do you buy those? I need to get some new sandals...

    ReplyDelete
  2. There's usually an Aldo's store at any local mall. (Trust me, if OKC has one, SD will ;P) You can also order shoes online at aldoshoes.com!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, thanks! Yeah I googled after asking and thought "duh!" haha. I knew I'd seen one before!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to say 1 thing Nenay.......I absolutely love all the pics of pink heels *especially one you have*!!......Still had no luck finding one=(
    But yes it is the one thing I will acquire before I AM 30!!!=P

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...