Sunday, January 8, 2012

First Time Away

Today was the first time I've ever been away from Jill. I haven't even run an errand without her with me. Phil and I went to church, and I was lucky enough that a close friend, Jess, was able to watch Jill for us. I really want to wait until Jill is 1 month old before bringing her to church. Plus, it's always hit or miss in terms of how well she sleeps at night. We were apart for about 2 hours, but by the end of the service it felt longer than that! I didn't break into a run, but the first thing I did when I got home was hold that precious girl and kiss all over her face :) I know I need to get used to be away from her and I'm proud of myself overall. Obviously everything was fine and it sounded like she and Jess had a good time!

So happy to be reunited :)

Quick nap after tummy time and holding my finger

Today was also big for me in terms of following through with my word of the year. It wasn't easy and only the first of many steps. However, I'm hopeful for the end result. I'm going to stay vague for now, but I do promise to reveal all at the proper moment.

Happy Sunday!

2 comments:

  1. You look beautiful!! And she is such a cutie. I know I'm going to have trouble leaving my babies at some point once I have one, but it's good to do little outings to ease the transition! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww she looks so happy to have her momma back! :) I'm glad your first time away went well!

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...