Saturday, December 31, 2011

See Ya 2011! Let's Go 2012



A few things I didn't hit in the video:
  • Phil and I moved to a new apartment in town
  • We had a few smallish earthquakes in Oklahoma
  • I was blessed to have 3 baby showers, and 1 by mail - I'm a spoiled woman :)
  • I barely survived the huge heatwave since I was very much pregnant
  • I walked 4 out of a 5K in September in celebration of my MIL's 5th year of breast cancer remission and it was the weekend before her 55th birthday!
  • Thanksgiving was held at our apartment and it went well despite the small space
  • I finally finished the baby quilt I started in 2009
  • We met my folks in KC for a Royals game at the end of my 1st trimester
  • I got an awesome camera for my birthday! I'm still learning how to use it
  • We went to several concerts including Lady Gaga, Rascal Flatts, and Sugarland
  • We bought season tickets for TU football and Phil got to most of them while I only made it to about 4 games
  • I spent most of my 3rd trimester cleaning obsessively. It's funny how I want to keep cleaning, but I don't have the time or energy now that Jill is actually here
  • Phil and I watched the entire series Bones on Netflix over the course of 2 months this summer
  • Jill has blessed us beyond measure - even when we're deliriously tired, we are thankful
  • Even though 2011 was a great year for us, we are looking forward to a new year full of new beginnings
HAHA Apparently I forgot more than I thought. Clearly Jill is very distracting in a you're-so-cute kinda way!

Now here are a few pictures for the grandparents to enjoy :)

I went to get Jill ready for bed and I found her not only out of her swaddle, but in this position!
Silly Jilly :)

Love this face!

We went for a walk and her only sun-shielding hat is a little big for her HAHA 

 Proud Daddy walking his girl :)

Her pacifier fell out, but it didn't even phase her!

I don't really make resolutions, but I do make goals. I may do another word of the year like I did this year. I haven't entirely decided yet. I do know that I'm officially 4 pounds above my pre-pregnancy weight already! I will definitely be starting a weight loss program in the next month or so. Once I decide my goals and/or word of the year, I will let y'all know!

I hope you all have a wonderful and safe New Year's!

Lots of love,

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...