Sunday, May 13, 2012

My First {Official} Mother's Day

Last year for Mother's Day, I had just recently announced I was expecting my first child. After all my issues with PCOS and miscarriages, I didn't know if and when I would get to have a real Mother's Day. Even though it was early on in my pregnancy, I was thankful for the cards I received from my parents and close friend.

This year, I got to celebrate with my precious girl. She is the reason I have the new label "mother". She is one of the biggest blessings in my life. I know she can't express her love aside from spit bubbles and smiling at me, but that's good enough for now :) Her laugh, her smile... really everything about her reminds me of what a miracle a baby truly is. My heart is very full today!

We went to church this morning, then grabbed some Outback-to-go for lunch. I Skyped with my folks, then got to change in comfy clothes. The rest of the day was full of naps, hanging out with two of my favorite people, and kissing on Jillian's precious face. I received two sweet cards and a new foot bath! Throw in my ice cream cake and I'd say this day was successful. I just hope I can make Father's Day just as special for Phil in a month :)

Happy Mother's Day to all the moms, grandmas, aunts, godmothers, and moms-to-be!

{With my precious girl :)}

{My favorite people!}

1 comment:

  1. Seriously. How cute is your daughter?! You too! :) Y'all are the sweetest little family, I love it! So happy you had a nice Mother's Day!

    ReplyDelete

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...