Thursday, July 11, 2013

Thursday Thoughts and Thank You!

First of all, thank you all so very much for your sweet comments!! We're are so excited that everything looked good and healthy with our baby boy :) I may need some help from you boy mamas because I don't think Phil wants him wearing bows and dresses hehe. I'm sure it's not much different than having a girl, but it's a little scary since I haven't experienced it yet!
*****
I mentioned yesterday that we ordered pizza for our parents and siblings to reveal the gender to them. I asked them to send a photo if they could, and everyone ended up doing so! I made a cute little collage with their reactions :)
{From top right straight down and then to the left: Phil's parents, my mom, my dad, Phil's brother and SIL, and my brother and his girlfriend :)}

In case you are wondering, we have his first name, but haven't settled on a middle name just yet. When we do have his full name, I'll do a special name post to explain. 

For now, his name is David!
*****
I don't know if I mentioned this or not, but I am actually leaving for a mission trip early on Sunday morning. {I'm talking about 4 am early!} I am one of the female sponsors going with our youth to New Mexico. It's near Roswell, so I've been getting plenty of alien jokes ;) It'll be a long week without Phil or Jillian, but I'm so excited for this opportunity to serve! Plus, I get to take my phone and talk to my loves every night :) Phil's mom was kind enough to agree to come and stay with Phil for the week. This way he can still go to work, and Jillian will be taken care of! The best part? The highs next week where we are is in the 70's. Oh yeah!! It'll most likely be near triple digits at home, so I'll try not to rub it in too much ;)

This also means I'll be taking a short, intentional blogging break. Once I'm home, I'll update again :) I will type up and schedule my Bébé Deux update, but the picture will have to come later. 

If you could say a little prayer for our group, we would definitely appreciate it!
*****
We were hoping to go to Minnesota one last time before David's arrival, but that may not work out now :( My parents may get to come down though, which is a nice back up plan! Most likely we'll be up there again in March like I did with Jillian. I like being up there near my birthday so I can celebrate with my folks! 
*****
Today will be the third day in a row we'll hit triple digits here. I have a feeling Jillian and I are staying indoors today. Heck, we might not even change out of our pjs!

Hope y'all are having a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...