Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Bébé Deux Week 21 Update


Today's date: July 23, 2013

How far along: 21 Weeks

Total weight gain: After my mission trip, I gained about 2 pounds. However, that may stay steady now that I'm not starving all the time ;)

Size and growth of baby: David is the size of a pomegranate! His digestive system is busy creating meconium, (a tarry black substance made of swallowed amniotic fluid, digestive secretion, and dead cells), which will fill the first diaper after birth :) {via}

Baby is a: handsome boy!!

Maternity clothing: All clothing, except a few shirts, are maternity.

Sleep: I actually slept relatively well for being on a cot for a mission trip! I am sleeping more soundly in my own bed, but my Snoogle pillow really helped me get a good night's rest. I don't always wake up to pee in the middle of the night, but when I do, I can usually get back to sleep quickly. Even if I'm tired, I can't always nap :-/

Movement: I can actually watch his kicks now! Most of my trip, David would only move right before bed. Now, he moves more at night, but will also kick during the day here and there :)

Cravings/Aversions: My main cravings this past week were real food! Hahaha But really, I think Rice Krispies Treats were my main one. Aversions are about the same, though meats are easier to eat now.

Morning Sickness: I only took Zofran three times this past week. I am so proud of myself!!

Symptoms: Round ligament pain if I get up too fast, lower back pain, nesting, a few extra pimples, gas, movement, heartburn, some nausea, peeing a fair amount, and tired.

Labor Signs: None

Belly button in or out: In

How this pregnancy is different than the first: I had lost more weight with Jillian and had to take Zofran every single day in order to keep food down. I feel more relaxed with this pregnancy in terms of letting myself do more, (like go on the mission trip). That could just be because this is my second go round ;)

The best moment of this past week: Enjoying the fun parts of my mission trip, bonding with the youth girls and adults from church, and getting home to my family!

What I miss: Nothing at all :)

I'm looking forward to: The next appointment on the 30th, catching up with my friends after being gone awhile, and hopefully seeing my folks in the next month!

Bump Comparison:
{Left: Jillian 2011 Right: Bébé Deux 2013}

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...