Thursday, December 26, 2013

Christmas Eve {2013}

Our Christmas Eve was fairly low-key this year. Without knowing David's arrival day until he showed, we didn't know how old he would be on Christmas Day. We decided to stay home. Luckily, this is a year we would spend Christmas with Phil's folks. Since they only live about 2 hours away, they came down after lunch time with Phil's brother and his wife!

The day started with me running a few errands on my own. I had some last minute groceries items, Jillian's 2 Year pictures from JCPenny, and a few supplies to finish up Christmas gifts for the grandparents. It was kind of nice driving, and running inside a store without having to wrangle a toddler at the same time! Plus, traffic was pretty light and easy until about 10:30 am.

{Mr. David needed some snuggles while Jillian took a short nap}

{Phil helping me stuff our Christmas cards!}
{They should go out tomorrow, or Saturday} 

After a quick lunch, we drove down to Norman to see some friends of ours! They had kind of an open house party, and we were able to hang out for a little over an hour :) I think we'll get to see them again before they head home to Colorado late next week.
On the way home, we stopped at another grocery store to see if they had turnovers. Unfortunately, they didn't either :(
 {Jilly and I waiting for Daddy in the car while David slept}

Once we were home, Phil's folks and his brother/brother's wife got to the house. We hung out for a bit, then tried to go to dinner at 5. Well, the place we picked closed at 5, so we consulted the internet and finally found a place that would be open! 
After a relatively quick meal, we headed to church for an awesome service :) It was technically our first Christmas Eve service there because we were in Minnesota for Christmas last year. We definitely enjoyed it!
We went home, got Jillian ready for bed, and just relaxed.

{Phil reading The Polar Express to Jillian before bed}
{Not pictured is Jillian picking her nose shortly after I took this picture ;)} 

{After Jillian went to bed, the men put their great minds together to assemble Jillian's big gift}
{I won't lie, it was pretty entertaining to watch them "work" HAHA} 

{Our tree ready to go, with a glimpse of our favorite gift this year :)} 

And for something fun, this is a comparison photo of Jillian and David in the same onesie my friend Carrie bought in Ireland back in 2011!
{Left: Jillian, Right: David}

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...