Wednesday, July 22, 2009

I Don't Have A Care That I Carry Alone...

It's been quite interesting the past few days. I've been pretty exhausted, but in a good way (for the most part).

My boss finally got back from his trip Tuesday so it's been nice having help in the office :) I don't mind actually earning my paycheck or being so busy when I have someone around if I have a question or need help with something. I think most of the customers are glad he's back too. Not to say they don't like and appreciate me. He just knows more and can answer their questions faster than I can.

I really wish there was a Christian book library. There are several books I'd LOVE to read, but I think I found 1 of them at the local library and the rest I would have to buy. Phil says you can suggest books for the library to get, but I doubt they'd buy them if I suggested it. Oh well...

The picture is in honor of our VBS this year! It's a Habitat for Humanity based program and it's been pretty successful! Several of the members of our church have been volunteers for Habitat for many many years and have graciously offered to talk to the children about it, share their experiences as well as their talents. We have had more kids this year than we have for the past couple of years, (between 15 and 20!), and they seem to really enjoy themselves. The youth group and I are in charge of the drama skits in the beginning and the recreation activities at the end. Even when they are complaining, I see how much fun the youth is having helping out. It's very rewarding to see God's light shine through them :) However, they get to go to Frontier City on Saturday which is always a nice reward for a job well done.

I've been missing my parents more and more lately. I even changed my Facebook picture to one from my wedding with just my parents and myself. I always seem to miss them more than usual when I'm about to go see them. I think it's partially my excitement to be with them. Either way, I'm definitely homesick. Halfway through the week...

Peace to you,

"One True God" by Mark Harris

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...