Friday, July 17, 2009

I May Never Know Why... But I Will Lift Up My Eyes



I'll be having two posts today. This one will be the life update I was going to post on here yesterday. The next one will be why I didn't post it. It's quite thrilling, let me tell you...

The past week or so I've been fairly fatigued. I haven't done much with my life, but I can't quite catch up on my sleep like I've hoped. I actually had both Monday and Tuesday off of work this week, but instead of just lazing about the apartment, I worked! Well, Monday wasn't work so much as playing :) Monday, one of my youth and I grabbed a drink at Sonic then helped paint some of the crafts for VBS next week! We even got to paint a few to show the kids the different things you can do. VBS this year is centered around Habitat for Humanity! Lots of our members have been involved with this organization for years and we felt it was a good opportunity to introduce our youth to it. I think it'll be a blast! Plus, my youth group and I will be doing the opening skits and recreation games. Tuesday, I spent most of the day cleaning out the CE (Christian Education) Room upstairs. You see, we no longer have a CED (Christian Education Director) and the room has supplies that Sunday School teachers, as well as other members of the church, could use if they could find what they needed. The problem is, this room hasn't been organized since the early 90's so it was filled with lots and lots of trash. Paint that was dried out, half-used construction paper, etc. I only got 1/3 of the room done, but it was the 1/3 most of the supplies are so it was the best place to start. When I have time again, I'll definitely be cleaning it again. It was nice to walk in without wanting to scream LOL

I'm working all day today as well as everyday next week since my co-worker is out of town. Her birthday is coming up so it's a chance for her to relax before getting back into the grind of things. Plus, with me traveling to see my parents the last week of July, I could definitely use the hours! The past day and a half were crazy, but I'm finally caught up and can catch my breath again. Even on the toughest days, I love this job :D

Phil and I didn't want to cook on Tuesday night and we couldn't find a good pizza delivery deal. We then realized there is a sushi place/buffet that just opened a few months ago near the apartment so we decided to try it. It was all a buffet so there was a sushi station near the ice cream. They had all kinds of stuff! They had whole baby octopi (hence the picture)! That was definitely a first. Phil tried it and said it was chewy, but I wasn't that daring. They had 4 stations besides the sushi so we tried little portions of what we could. Some things were better than others, but overall we were impressed and very satisfied. Plus, for 2 all-you-can-eat buffets for $17? That's pretty awesome if you ask me.

My mom is still doing well. She gets sore and tired from time to time, but she is keeping up with her pain meds. She even cooked dinner the other night! I told her she needs to take it easy, but no one ever listens to me. =P Also, my dad has been taking sailing lessons as part of his Father's Day gift! He's gotten wet the last 2 lessons, but he seems to be really enjoying himself :) I'm excited to visit there one day and go sailing with my daddy!

Saw the Harry Potter premiere at midnight! There were a few things I wish they had done that was a part of the book, but I still enjoyed myself :) I think I have a more realistic view of what movie producers will do with a book series than other people. Sometimes they get so mad when it's not word for word like the book. *shrugs* It's only a movie people! Though I love being one of the first to see a new movie I'm excited about, I tend to forget that there are always lots of pre-teens and high schoolers breaking curfew that kick your chair, talk loudly and cheer/clap everytime someone comes on the screen, the movie starts/ends, etc. It's always nice to view the movie again in the privacy of my own place without all the extra dialog!

Other than that, just living life as best I can. Happy Friday y'all!

Peace to you,


"You're Not Shaken" by Phil Stacey

No comments:

Post a Comment

But I Know What It Feels Like

This post is going to be awfully vulnerable and hard for me, but I really want to finally say it out loud. I got permission for my daughter ...